It's a day that ends in 'y' and you're craving a big ol' pizza pie. Maybe you've got a lot of energy and decide to make one yourself, or the more likely case — you pull out your phone and call Domino's or a local pizza joint to satisfy your cravings for you. Now, if you're like me and my friends, you've got some coupons for two-topping pizzas and no one knows what pizza topping combinations they want.

But don't panic, you can avoid those half-hour long discussions (which usually just end in extra cheese and pepperoni) and instead order up some pizza that tastes utterly divine and makes you feel like an actual adult. Here are five pizza topping combinations to help revolutionize your pizza order and maybe even change your life.

1. Spinach, feta, mushroom, sausage

pizza, spinach, sausage
Tabatha Marks

First on the list is a classic way to depart from the conventional. Best with a white sauce instead of the traditional marinara, spinach, feta, mushroom and sausage is an easy and always tasty go-to. Spinach and feta are a classic combination where a bitter green meets the creaminess of feta, often found together in spanakopita, quiche and savory pastries. Join them together with mushrooms and sausage to create a rich and hearty meal that's much more satisfying than a plain cheese pizza.

2. Roasted pear or apple, goat cheese, caramelized onions, balsamic drizzle

pizza, brick oven, peaches
Emma Salters

Don't let the pineapple-on-pizza debate steer you away from fruit on pizza, because you'd be missing out big-time! Roasted pear and apple slices are two of my all time favorite pizza toppings and bring an extremely pleasant but not overwhelmingly sweet, juicy flavor to the table. Figs, cranberries and grapes are other common fruits to put on pizzas, as all of which go remarkably well with cheese — think charcuterie boards.

With pear and apple on pizza, you usually want to play up the creamy factor to complement the sweet and earthier flavors the fruit offer. That means tending towards a white sauce as a base instead of the conventional marinara and choosing your cheeses wisely. Goat cheese or gorgonzola are two popular options as they're both extremely creamy, rich and will leave you feeling like actual royalty. Top with some caramelized onions and balsamic drizzle to add a little kick. Other popular additions include fresh arugula and chopped pecans or walnuts.

3. Pesto, fresh or sun-dried tomato, mozzarella

pizza, pesto, mozzarella, basil
Meredith Davin

Pesto, traditionally made from basil, pine nuts, olive oil, Parmesan cheese and some garlic, is a delicious sauce that can be used to liven up your traditional pizza order. You can either try it as a base sauce or drizzle it on top. Beyond the sauce, try out toppings of fresh or sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella. Fresh tomatoes will be juicy and help cut through the salt from the pesto, while sun-dried tomatoes will add some unexpected tanginess. The mozzarella comes in and ties everything together, and ta-da: a tasty yet simple pizza to rule them all.

4. Zucchini, spinach, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, tomato, mushroom, garlic

pizza, sauce
Becky Hughes

Veggie lovers unite! These seven toppings are my absolute favorite when I crave pizza but still want to meet my daily vegetable needs. Zucchini, spinach, broccoli and Brussels sprouts offer some extremely pleasant crunch, while tomatoes and mushroom bring some juicy goodness to the party. Plus, broccoli roasted in the oven is the best way to enjoy the cruciferous veggie. And I know what you're thinking, Brussels sprouts on a pizza, that's nuts, but trust me, you will be delightfully surprised. I recommend chopping them up a bit beforehand though. Finally, top with some roasted or minced garlic to bring some heat and extra flavor to your creation.

5. BBQ sauce, chicken, bacon, onion

pizza, cheese, sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella, crust, mushrooms, onions
Lauren Kruchten

Perhaps the holy grail of pizza topping combinations is BBQ chicken. An easy way to recreate a favorite food on top of a pizza, the sweet and tangy flavor of BBQ sauce combined with chicken, some savory bacon, melty cheese and onions will leave you feeling comforted and satisfied — more than pepperoni pizza ever could.

Just remember, when that late-night pizza craving comes around and you're not sure what to get, don't hesitate to try out a new pizza topping combination — you may even discover a new favorite.