Trader Joe’s has been coming out with some bomb desserts lately (I.e. that giant deep dish chocolate chip skillet cookie thing). But check the ice cream aisle and you’ll now find Brownie Crisp Coffee Ice Cream Sandwiches. I'm all for new Trader Joe's products, so when I heard about this new treat, I knew I had to try it. 

The Taste Test

I know all the TJ lovers are going to hate me (I'm a TJ advocate too!), but hear me out—I have mixed reviews. The packaging is pleasant to the eye with fancy, but easy to read fonts, imaging of the product inside, and gives off the impression that it's going to be a party in your mouth.  

Well, I hate to break it to you, but it's not completely. I will say, the coffee ice cream is ah-mazing. TJ's coffee ice cream is made up of coffee syrup, Colombian coffee extract, and espresso grounds. It might be one of the best espresso coffee ice cream flavors I have ever had. 

You can literally taste the espresso grounds in the ice cream. If you're worried (or excited) about the possibility of getting a caffeine fix, you have nothing to fret about because I actually fell asleep after chowing one down.

However, I feel like the brownie kind of brings down the sandwich. The brownie crisp is more like a glob of fudge with some chocolate chip chunks thrown in there. It might sound delicious, but it's not satisfying. But brownies always taste better straight out of the oven than from a freezer right? I think that's the way we should keep it.  

Emily Weaver

A package comes with four small brownie crisp coffee ice cream sandwiches, enough to treat your sweet tooth. Each individual sandwich comes out to 180 calories, 17g of sugar, 4.5g of saturated fat, and 20mg of cholesterol.

#SpoonTip: To find out the rest of the nutritional information check out this page provided by Trader Joe's.    

You can purchase one of these bad boys at your nearest location in the frozen section for only $3.99. If you think about it, that's only a dollar per lil' sandwich—not too shabby.   

My Final Verdict

I would give it a 6/10. The brownie really threw it off for me on the taste scale. But honestly, I might scoop out the ice cream and put it in the bowl and enjoy my Colombian coffee extract and espresso grounds that way. 

TJ if you're reading this, I would really appreciate you creating a tub of espresso ice cream, because you've hit gold with this one.