Tofu is a particularly flavorless protein source. You can mold it and shape it into meatless “chicken” nuggets and even shredded pulled “pork.” However, when it comes to dessert and sweet breakfast foods, you probably don’t expect to be eating tofu. But TikToker @Irsmnw showcased her version of tofu breakfast pancakes, which may just make you fall in love with the soy milk block.

Described as a vegan version of syrniki (cheese pancakes popular in Eastern Europe), these pancakes are moist and dense. In this recipe, the cheese is replaced with tofu to make the syrniki vegan. Think of these as fluffy Japanese pancakes but packed with protein. These pancakes are a game changer for the dairy-free, vegetarians, and vegans.

Adding tofu to pancakes isn't new. Okonomiyaki are savory pancakes popular in Japan that are sometimes made with tofu. There's also Dubu Donggeurangddeng, which are a savory Korean pancake made with tofu and veggies. 

But the version from @Irsmnw are for those with a sweet tooth. Tasters rave about the consistency of these pancakes saying that they are perfect and a good way to get their protein in. At a time when eggs cost so much, this can be a great budget-friendly alternative to making your morning pancakes.

If you aren’t sold yet on these tofu pancakes, trust one commenter who “tried them” and found them “so delicious.” Another said these vegan syrniki are "amazing.”