Ahhhh YouTube, the hub for viral gems like “Charlotte Takes a Tumble,” “Surprised Kitty” and who could forget “Charlie Bit My Finger”? Luckily, if you’re into food as much as we are, then you know YouTube is also home to an interestingly diverse group of “FoodTubers” like the Domestic Geek. If you’ve never heard of her, it’s time to get familiar, especially if meal prep is on your to-do list this summer.

While her channel has an array of cooking vids all bursting with innovative ideas ranging from 15 different types of grilled cheeses to three different ways to make French toast, she also has a hefty amount of meal prep videos from her “Meal Prep Made Easy eBook.”

Whether you’re interning in the city and need quick, appetizing meals to take on the go or just looking to get your summer diet in check, meal prep is key, and the “Domestic Geek” is here to help.

Domestic Geek

Photo courtesy of YouTube.com

One look at her meal prep vids and you’ll see they go beyond the typically bland options you’re probably used to seeing: brown rice, baked fish and some type of limp green vegetable. In one of her latest videos, The Domestic Geek ups the meal prep ante with versatile dishes like flank steak with chimichurri and a strawberry and basil quinoa salad that lasts in the fridge for a few days.

In addition to soups and salads, The Domestic Geek also takes advantage of the amazingness that is mason jars. That’s right, if meal prep is on your radar, it’s time to make mason jars your best friend. DG has a number of recipes on her channel that make mason jars the perfect tool for dishes like Vegan Banana Yogurt, snacking veggies and Tuscan Bean Salad.

Domestic Geek

Photo courtesy of YouTube.com

The next time you’re trying to get your eating schedule on point or just want to bring your meal prep skills to the next level, The Domestic Geek is the perfect place to start. Pick up some mason jars at your local grocery store and start thinking of foods other than brown rice that have longevity. Oh, and in case you needed the warning, those slightly dry, but edible baked chicken breasts you’ve conquered will no longer suffice.