We’ve reached the dreaded finals week, and what better way to make it more tolerable than with yummy snacks while you study?

1) Yogurt

Starting in the morning, something filling that’s easy to bring with you to the library is yogurt, Greek especially. Greek yogurt tends to keep you full for longer, and you can add fun things to make it even more enjoyable, like fresh fruit, coconut and granola. I’ve seen people carry it around in a mason jar, Tupperware and even little ice cream cups!

jam
Rachel Davis

Speaking of mason jars, there are plenty of things you can carry with you to the library in a mason jar. A couple of spoonfuls of hummus on the bottom with carrots and celery will also help hydrate you. Overnight oats are another popular filler for your mason jar, and these can be meal-prepped for your whole finals week.

2) Peanut Butter

When studying for finals, it’s easy to try and skimp out on leaving the library to get a real meal. While you want to avoid this, if it does happen, you want to make sure you’re still getting protein to keep you going.

Peanut butter is an easy and versatile way to still get proper nutrients while studying. Crackers and peanut butter is an easy snack to make on your way out the door. Apple slices, celery, pretzels and a banana can all be dipped in a convenient Jif-To-Go cup.

3) Fruit

apple, juice, sweet, pasture
Santina Renzi

Fruit alone is also a great snack to bring to the library, especially if you buy it pre-cut from the grocery store. Fruit salads never disappoint, and get extra points for convenience. A bag of grapes and a container of strawberries or blueberries are easy to wash and thrown in your lunch bag before a day at the library. Fruit also ensures you are still getting vitamins, minerals and fiber.

4) Energy Bites

rice
Caroline Grew

If you’re looking for something sweet, energy bites seem to be the next big thing. Combine oats, chocolate chips, flax seed, honey, vanilla extract and peanut butter into a ball and a couple hours in the refrigerator later, you have a sweet snack to give you a quick boost of energy. These can be personalized to add whatever mix-ins you enjoy.

Another sweet option is dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is sweet and good for you while studying! It is full of antioxidants and natural stimulants that improve blood flow to your brain, allowing you to be more productive for longer.

5) Trail Mix

nut, sweet, dried fruit, almond, cereal, walnut, raisin, granola
Sophie Pinton

Homemade trail mix has room for a sweet snack in it as well. I once heard someone call trail mix “M&M’s with obstacles,” but it doesn’t have to be that way! Almonds, dried cranberries, granola, sunflower seeds and chocolate-covered coffee beans are all great ways to spice up your classic “raisins and peanuts” trail mix. Darker chocolate in your trail mix will add more antioxidants as well.

6) Smoothie

Coffee is obviously a good way to get you moving in the morning or keep you working at night, but during the day you may want something with more nutrition and filling. A smoothie or protein shake is just the thing! Fruit, peanut butter, and even ice cream can be added to fill you up, quench your thirst and keep you moving.

Conclusion

These are just a few snacks that can help you keep moving during those long days (and nights) in the library. Meal prep, stock-pile snacks, and get studying!