Whether you want to enjoy some me time or simply to relax for a little while, I think we can all agree that it doesn’t get better than an engaging book and a hot cup of coffee. We all really do deserve a break every now and then, so in the spirit of adding more books to your probably already long reading list, here is a list of the best books to read with a cup of coffee.

Love Letters of Great Men by Ursula Doyle

cake, coffee, tea
Alexandra Oduber

Inspired by a scene from Sex and the City, Love Letters of Great Men is a collection of several love letters from different historic figures. From King Henry VIII and Napoleon Bonaparte to Alexander Pope and Beethoven, the book has a wide variety of authors that prove that you don't need to be a literary mastermind to write a beautiful, sincere and devoted letter to your loved one. 

For any interested nostalgics or romantics out there, you can order the book here

It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

milk, tea, coffee
Alexandra Oduber

One of the reasons why I love and recommend this book to everyone is that it shows one of the most honest and accurate portrayals of mental illnesses. Even though the title might suggest it is a funny story, it mainly deals with a depressive teen and all the things that happen to him once he checks into a mental hospital.

For anyone dealing with a mental illness or even just someone who wants to have a better understanding of what life with a mental illness is like, this book is a definite must.

If any of these reasons convinced you, you can get the book through here.

Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness by Richard H. Thaler and Cass R. Sunstein

tea, coffee
Alexandra Oduber

If you are someone who is interested in changing the world, this is a way to begin. This book will help you not only change the way you think about a lot of issues, but it will also help you expand everything you thought you knew well.

This is a perfect guide to fix not only your own mistakes but also the ones of the world. This book can be related to economics, politics, health, environmental issues, etc.. Interested? Get the book here.

The Universe of Us by Lang Leav

tea, coffee
Alexandra Oduber

I'm a fan of all of Leav's books, including her last poetry collection, The Universe of Us. Her poems are known for being able to express all kinds of different feelings in a unique way. Whether you are feeling excited for a new love, sad about losing an old one or simply going through life, I can guarantee that you will be able to relate to her poems. This book, as well as her previous ones, are available through Amazon.

And if poetry is not really your thing but her style seems interesting to you, Leav's first novel has become recently available

You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero

tea, coffee
Alexandra Oduber

I've never really been a fan of self-help books, but this one quickly became sort of a bible for me. Sincero's You Are a Badass is the perfect book for everyone who wants to change their life for the better but doesn't know how. It helps you understand the power of your mind and more, so you can channel your best attitude and achieve your life goals.

Even if you feel like you don't really need this book, you should really consider getting it here. I promise it will only do good for you. 

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

cake, coffee, tea
Alexandra Oduber

Yes, this is the book you keep seeing all over Tumblr, but there is a reason for it. Milk and Honey is more than just another book of poetry. It really does present life and all the experiences we go through in a way that it is not only a relatable book but an essential item for any modern-day woman. If you're interested, you can get the book right here

The Road Less Traveled by Dr. M. Scott Peck

coffee, tea
Alexandra Oduber

Dr. M. Scott Peck's collection begins with his acclaimed piece, The Road Less Traveled. This book is perfect for anyone who is looking for a life guide to self-improvement. This book will help you know a lot more about your personality and the best ways to use your skills to work through life and its adversities, so you can really reach that level of spiritual growth you are aspiring to.

If you liked this one, you can get the rest of Peck's books (featured in the picture) to continue your search for a deeper meaning in life. 

This list is just a few good reads to enjoy the next time you want to enjoy a freshly brewed cup of coffee. If you are looking to relax for a little while, these books are the perfect way to do it. These short books are really the best pick for anyone looking to be consumed by a rather different book