I'm a girl who loves a good plan. Make me a list and I'm yours. When things go according to how they are supposed to on paper, I couldn't be happier. My daily 10:30 am coffee is a way that I can assure that all is right in the world. If I am unable to get my 10:30 am coffee, something must be wrong. I am not addicted to coffee; I am in love with the regularity that it brings me. 

As a freshman in college, I have discovered the truly magical benefits of coffee. Sure, I drank a cup here or there in high school to wake me up for my first class at  8:15 am, but I never drank it often enough to create a habit out of it.

coffee, milk, tea, juice, ice, cocktail
Alex Frank

Nowadays, my days start at 8:30 am on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday every week. After attending my first two classes of the day, I have an hour break before my next class at 11:30. One day, after my break, I was sitting in my 11:30 class and realized I was having trouble keeping my eyes open.

My first thought was that I (like every other college student on earth) just needed more sleep. When this failed, I turned to coffee. My go-to order is an iced mocha (regardless of the temperature outside) and I add one packet of Equal, a no-calorie sweetener.

This all happens at 10:30 am on the dot every day, even on the days that I don't have class (Tuesdays and Thursdays).

coffee, milk, ice, espresso, cream, tea, cappuccino, chocolate
Alex Frank

When I sit down at a table in the bottom floor of our student union and drink my iced mocha, I feel at peace. As over exaggerated as this may seem, I promise you, it's not. When you drink coffee at the same time every day, it starts to become a benchmark for how your day is going. If you feel rushed or stressed drinking your coffee—surprise, you're probably having a stressful day. For those 50 minutes, my coffee and I get things done.

The other benefit of coffee is the effect that is has on the stomach. Let's be honest here, we all know what happens when you drink coffee without any food. My body has become so used coffee at 10:30 am every morning, that I am now on a regular bathroom schedule as well. I no longer fear having to go to the bathroom in the middle of my class because, thanks to the coffee, I already have. 

Regularity brings me peace of mind and having something constant in the crazy world of college has been a blessing. Sure, I have class at the same time three times a week, but having a built in stress relief that happens every day as well is wonderful. So yes, I really do drink the exact same coffee at the exact same time every day, and I would recommend it.