Starbucks is notorious for creating beautiful drinks and mouth-watering desserts, and it looks like the coffee company has hit the jackpot with its new Cookie Butter Bar. The latest addition to the menu was "quietly released" a couple of weeks ago, according to Cosmopolitan, and it has been a hit for most of the people who tried it.

On Instagram, people describe the new concoction as being crunchy, with a rich caramel flavor and a hint of gingerbread. It basically sounds like spring in a cookie. 

Back up, what exactly is cookie butter?

A few days ago, I was at Trader Joe's, and a woman asked a TJ's employee what cookie butter was. It made me think that this person must have not been into desserts because cookie butter has been a big hot topic for a while now. But this also made me wonder what exactly cookie butter is made out of.

For those of you who want the short version, cookie butter is basically cookies pulsed into a peanut butter like substance. It's probably the most brilliant thing that anyone has come up with (especially for junk food lovers).

So what's in the Starbucks Cookie Butter Bar?

In terms of nutrition, one cookie butter bar is 360 calories, but that's to be expected when the entire top layer is a rich cream cheese frosting. There're 23 grams of fat and 22 grams of sugar compacted in this little bar, along with 32 grams of total carbohydrates. It may not be the best thing for you...but it sounds like it'll be well worth it. No regrets. 

Unfortunately, the cookie butter bar has milk, eggs, soy wheat and tree nuts in it—so vegans and people with allergies can't enjoy it. Either way, people seem to be really excited about this new treat. So I think Starbucks made a good move by making it a part of its menu. What do you think?