Free Shake Shack? Hell yeah. The fast casual burger chain announced on Monday that it will give customers a free single ShackBurger for first time users who download the Shack App. Clear space on your phone and start downloading. This is worth it. 

cheese, lettuce, bun, mustard, ketchup, sandwich
Marina Nazario

To get a free ShackBurger, customers need to download the Shack App, create an account, and use the promo code “shackappy” at checkout. Customers then receive a free burger coupon that is redeemable at any Shake Shack location. The only places it's not redeemable are locations in airports, stadiums, and ballparks. The coupon expires February 28th.

The Shack App makes it easy for the customers to skip the notorious line. All pickup times are supposed to be in fifteen minute increments, although we experienced a longer wait when grabbing a gluten-free ShackBurger. Additionally, the Shack App is only available to iOS users, so Android users are (unfairly) left out. 

The full menu for specific Shake Shack locations is available on the app. So if you're mobile ordering from the Grand Central location in NYC—check out its exclusive breakfast sandwiches. 

bacon, hamburger, tomato, sandwich, french fries, lettuce, cheese, bun
Marina Nazario

Shake Shack is in the midst of extending its breakfast menu and adding more burgers to the menu, making it an exciting year for the chain. Don't pass up the opportunity for free food. Download the Shack app and save yourself $5.19. Devour at your own risk.