To me, the best part of any night out is the food I devour afterwards. Madison has a variety of restaurants offering everything from pizza, to brunch, to burgers and fries, but not everyone knows where the key late-night Madison eateries in their current location are.

Luckily, no matter where you went out – or stayed in – tonight, there's a restaurant just waiting to satisfy your cravings.

If you hit up State Street or Langdon:

Short Stack

cake, chocolate, cream
Avery Allen

As a brunch fanatic, Short Stack Eatery is one of my all-time favorite restaurants. Their pecan streusel French toast is my go-to order almost every time, but they offer a variety of savory options (I love the Cajun biscuits and gravy) as well as their classic pancakes. Milkshakes, mimosas, and [Bloody] Marys round out the menu. 

Even better, Short Stack remains open from 6 AM on Saturday until 9 PM on Sunday, and is also open until midnight on Thursday and Friday. 

Pizza di Roma

pizza, cheese, tomato
Avery Allen

When most people think "pizza" and "Madison," they go straight to Ian's, but PDR is giving them a run for their money.

At only $2.95 a slice for their classic one toppings, and $3.95 for the funkier options, PDR won't break the bank after you've spent all your money at the bars. They also offer pasta and other classic Italian dishes if you're not in the mood for pizza.

PDR also offers pasta and other classic Italian dishes if you're not in the mood for pizza. They stay open until 3 AM, so you'll be able to fit in a slice or two even after bar close.

If you stayed home:

Wings Over Madison

Not only is Wings Over open until 3 AM, but they also deliver if you're not feeling like walking.

With flavors ranging from honey barbecue to Jamaican jerk to "Jet Fuel" buffalo, and options of regular wings, boneless, a variety of french fries, and much more, you're bound to find something appealing.  

Insomnia Cookies

peanut butter, butter, peanut, cookie, chocolate
Jessica Kelly

If you're craving something sweet, nothing tops warm, gooey, chocolate chip cookies. (Except maybe M&M, or peanut butter, or double chocolate...).

Open until 3 AM, Insomnia is centrally located on State Street, but if you're not in the area, having those cookies delivered straight to your door once you've already changed into your pajamas is an experience like no other.

If you're heading back to the Southeast dorms:

Ian's Pizza

vegetable, bread, cheese, pizza
Michael Lim

What Madison food list would be complete without Ian's? The line out the door on Frances can be a bit intimidating at 2 AM, but the wait is worth it for the cheesy, meaty, noodle-y pizza that's in store for you.

With the huge slices ringing it at $4 a piece, you don't have to worry about your debit card statement either.

Chicago Maxwell Street Food Cart

kebab, beef, bread, chicken, meat, lettuce, sandwich
Madison Erlandson

Formerly, and perhaps better, known as JD's, Chicago Maxwell Street Polish and Steak Burgers is parked across the street from Ian's and makes the tastiest late-night burgers I have ever eaten. Sandwiched between two toasted slices of Wonder Bread with ketchup, mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, and onion, the $5 steak burgers are to die for. 

Sandwiched between two toasted slices of Wonder Bread with ketchup, mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, and onion, the $5 steak burgers are to die for. 

This food cart is open from 10 PM until 4 AM on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but be prepared to wait, because the high demand and small cooking space leads to a bit of a line. Once you bite into the juicy burger, though, the 15 minutes you waited out on the sidewalk will feel totally worth it.

If you're at College Court:

Qdoba

I am always down for a burrito and tortilla chips, and luckily, Qdoba has 2 locations near UW's campus that stay open until 3:30 AM to take care of people like me.

With the chips and queso that accompany every meal, I can't turn them down. Whether you're up on State or down on Regent, there's a Qdoba nearby to fill you up.

McDonald's

cake
Alex Frank

With the chips and queso to accompany every meal, I can't turn it down. Whether you're up on State or down on Regent, there's a Qdoba nearby to fill you up.

McDonald's may not be a 5-star restaurant, but their fries taste incredible in the wee hours of the morning. The Mickey D's by College Court actually closes its doors pretty early, but the drive-thru is open all night, as is a little window on the side for late night orders. 

If you're by Camp Randall:

Greenbush Bakery

doughnut, cream, chocolate
Brandon Fishman

Greenbush Bakery seems like a traditional bakery, it's anything but ordinary. This bake shop stays open serving donuts until 3 AM on Friday and Saturday, and they are Madison's only certified Kosher bakery. As good as these donuts taste on a Sunday morning, they're even better at 2 AM on a Saturday night.

Jimmy John's

vegetable, cheese, lettuce, sandwich, bread, ham
Jake Toth

As good as these donuts taste on a Sunday morning, they're even better at 2 AM on a Saturday night.

With locations near Camp Randall and on State Street open until 3 and 4 AM, respectively, Jimmy John's is an obvious choice for this list. Bread, meat, cheese, veggies, chips, cookies – what else could you want?

Even though it's been proven that eating doesn't actually sober you up, it has been shown by legions of college students that food tastes even better in the wee hours of the morning. Take advantage of these late-night Madison eats in your neighborhood to fulfill your cravings!