Every frequent Disney World traveler knows that every Disney trip requires intense planning and saving up on money. Disney World is a magical place of fun and excitement, but it also eats up the wallet, especially when it comes to dining. We also all want to eat healthy while saving money in Disney, but unfortunately, the cheapest foods are the greasiest and most unhealthy such as pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, and soda. Therefore, read on to find out how you can eat healthy while saving money at the same time. Your body and wallet will thank you.

Stick With Water  

milk, yogurt, soda, water, ice, cream, juice
Kristine Mahan

Fountain drinks, milk, and other beverages average around a couple of dollars and the costs do add up, so it's always cheaper — and healthier — to just drink water on your vacation. It's best to bring your own water bottle, but if you forget one, any café, restaurant, or snack stand will give water to you for free if you ask.

If you don't like the Disney water (and I'm not a huge fan myself), you can use a water bottle with a filter or bring powder packets for flavor. And if you MUST have a soda at least once in a while, you could purchase a Disney refillable mug (for $18.99) for the whole family to share. Warning, these mugs only work in the Disney resorts.

Take Away the Entree Sides

sweet potato, sweet, potato
Ally Langston

In quick service and counter service dining places, the portions of the meals are large and they come with tons and tons of fries or other sides. Sometimes, extra food that you can't fit in your stomach eventually ends up in the trash which isn't good. So, if you know you won't be able to finish the whole meal, ask to leave out the sides, and you won't be charged for the sides that you left out. 

Share, Share, Share

Like I previously stated, some portions in Disney quick dining restaurants are so large that they're big enough to share among two to three people. As for the snacks, such as a Mickey pretzel, funnel cake, or the Kitchen Sink, they're also even big enough to share among several people. By sharing snacks or meals, you save a lot of extra money, and you might not have to force yourself to finish that entire Mickey pretzel you just bought for yourself. You also get the opportunity to try new foods and snacks in Disney. Sharing is caring people. Especially when there's money involved. 

Pack Your own Food 

pepper, vegetable, onion, salad, tomato, corn, carrot, lettuce
Angela Kerndl

There is absolutely nothing wrong with bringing your own flavored drinks, snacks, and even lunch meals to the park. It may be tempting to indulge in all those delicious foods the parks have to offer, but by bringing your own food you have more control of what you eat and how to eat healthier. And you don't always have to bring your own lunches from your hotel/home; you can just pack snacks instead. 

Skip Breakfast in the Parks 

blueberry, syrup, pancake, berry
Jamie Cohen

I know I know, it's hard to resist getting those Mickey Waffles sometimes. But, it's more difficult to stop yourself from indulging in the heavy and expensive breakfasts in the theme parks when you can make breakfast yourself at your hotel or home. So save a few extra bucks and eat breakfast before heading out to the parks.

Treat Yo' Self, but Sparingly 

milk, sweet, juice, cream
Kathleen Mensing

In Disney World, you should always be having fun! So once in a while, you can always treat yourself to an ice cream, a delicious Disney snack, or a crazy Instagrammable dessert. Check out this article to see some delicious but affordable Disney eats. Just make sure to keep track of how many "treats" you're giving yourself. 

Research Ahead

coffee, tea, study, bagel, computer, laptop, cafe, bread
Denise Uy

There are so many online articles out there that help any Disney-goer know how to save money and how to eat healthy in Disney World. While there's a lot of easily accessible unhealthy and big portioned meals in the theme parks, there's also a lot of affordable healthy and delicious snacks and foods. You just need to take the effort to find them. Therefore, take the time to research where to eat and what are the best things to eat in Disney World. 

Overall, taking the effort to research and trying to eat healthy may seem like a bit of work just to save a few bucks when going on vacation. But, in the end, you'll end up saving money, waste less food, and feel a lot better at the end of the day. And then you can enjoy Disney World to the fullest.