No trip to Disney is complete without eating something shaped like Mickey Mouse. But if you live far away from Disney World in Florida and Disneyland in California, you can still live your best Disney life with these homemade Mickey pretzels.

Auntie Anne's baking mix is only $5.79 in grocery stores and includes everything you need (price may vary depending on location), so you can get eight homemade pretzels for roughly the price of one at Disney parks. Talk about a magical deal.

Mickey Mouse Pretzels

• Total Time:1 hr

• 1 package Auntie Anne's Pretzels & More Homemade Baking Mix
  • Water
  • Melted butter optional
pastry, bread, dough, sweet, flour, wheat
Photo by Jennifer Nigro

Dissolve yeast in 1 1/4 cups warm water and let it sit for 2 minutes.

GIF by Jennifer Nigro

Add dough mix and mix until a ball forms.

GIF by Jennifer Nigro

Knead the dough ball on a lightly floured surface for 5-7 minutes. Add a small amount of flour if the dough is too sticky.

GIF by Jennifer Nigro

Place dough ball in large greased bowl and cover. Let it rise for 30 minutes in a warm spot. While it's rising, preheat the oven to 425°F.

GIF by Jennifer Nigro

Turn out the dough and cut it into strips. Take a strip and roll, stretch, and pull the dough into a rope. Then shape it into a circle (Mickey's face). Take two smaller pieces, make ropes, and shape them into smaller circles to make Mickey's ears. Place them on the larger circle and press on them to make sure they're attached.

GIF by Jennifer Nigro

Dissolve the baking soda into 4 cups of very hot water.

GIF by Jennifer Nigro

Place the pretzels on a greased baking sheet and brush the baking soda solution on the pretzels. Alternatively, dunk the pretzels in the baking soda solution, then place them on a greased baking sheet.

GIF by Jennifer Nigro

Add salt. If you want to make cinnamon sugar Mickey pretzels, skip this step.

GIF by Jennifer Nigro

Bake pretzels for 5 minutes, then, turn the tray 180° and bake for another 2-5 minutes until the pretzels are golden brown.

GIF by Jennifer Nigro

For salted pretzels, brush melted butter onto the pretzels. For cinnamon sugar pretzels, brush pretzels with melted butter, then sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar. Enjoy!

GIF by Jennifer Nigro