Hosting Thanksgiving is no easy feat. You have to decorate, cook the food, make sure everyone’s in some way happy — there’s a lot going on. Let’s face it, it’s tiring and takes a lot of effort. For guests, it’s the opposite. For some, all they have to do is bring a side dish or dessert. The host deserves it all, and what better way to show your appreciation than with a gift? Here’s a list of quick gift ideas to give to your Thanksgiving host. 

Candles

Photo via Bath & Body Works

There’s something about candles that just give off the most calming vibes, not to mention lighting a candle just makes you feel like you have your left together. Your host would love this gem. You have a couple of ways to go about buying a candle but here are four options:

1. A candle of their favorite scent.

2. A candle with a soothing scent like eucalyptus or lavender.

3. A wintery scented candle to get the holly jolly spirit going.

4. A food-scented candle like the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin from Bath & Body Works and Gingersnap Pumpkin from TJMaxx.

To-Go Boxes

This is a cute idea if you want to take some pressure off of your host’s hands. Provide some cute to-go boxes that those attending can put their leftovers in. Like these to-go boxes from HomeGoods in this TikTok by @kerralynnlooks, opt for festive ones with little pumpkins, leaves, or turkeys.

Slippers 

Photo from Amazon

Being on their feet all day will definitely take a toll on your host. Coming in with some cute and comfy slippers would definitely put a smile on their face. These fuzzy slippers from Amazon are comfy and a great price. Plus there’s a good chance they’ll change into slippers right away once dinner is over.

Kitchen Towels

Getting your host some kitchen items is also a cute idea. Towels are almost always a necessity in the kitchen and you can go for either towels that match their aesthetic or festive ones for the upcoming season like these from Costco. It’s a cute and thoughtful gift. 

Flowers

A quick and easy gift idea. A nice bouquet never hurt anybody! At certain Trader Joe’s stores, customers can be treated to fresh flowers for special occasions. You can even get a cute vase to go along with the flowers.

Coffee or Tea

Sometimes sitting with a good cup of coffee, or tea, just boosts serotonin levels. To personalize this gift, you can get your host's favorite coffee or tea. But don’t stop there, instead of putting this in a gift bag, make a gift basket. For starters, our basket will be a mug (I strongly suggest going to TJMaxx, they have the best mugs), something wide enough to fit the coffee and/or tea bags. Place the bags in the mug, and add a couple of chocolate kisses or anything that matches the aesthetic of the mug like in this TikTok by @reginarichard.

Kitchen Apron

Photo from Hedley and Bennett

Nobody likes getting dirty when cooking so, a cute apron is absolutely necessary! This apron from Hedley and Bennett is a durable design that comes in five colors and five designs. Invest in an apron that you know your host will use over and over again.

Olive Oil

Photo from Graza

Olive oil is a must in every kitchen — whether it’s for cooking or just eating, it’s used every day in just about any way. Opt for Graza’s “Drizzle” & “Sizzle” olive oil set. The “drizzle” is an extra virgin finishing oil made from olives that were picked early, which allows for a bold flavor and high antioxidants. This one is only for eating. The “sizzle” is an extra virgin cooking oil made from mature, mid-season olives that have a more mellow flavor.