As soon as The Summer I Turned Pretty hit streaming services in the summer of 2022, it was a big hit. With its very attractive cast and loads of romantic drama, audiences were practically begging for a taste of what season two would bring. The first three episodes of the new season were released on July 14, with the next five episodes releasing every Friday after. And if you’ve seen the beginning of season two, you know that these characters are going through some stuff. So, I imagined what I would serve each of the main characters of The Summer I Turned Pretty, based on how they act in season one or two.

Belly: Peanut butter and jelly

Belly, the lovable main character, is equal parts emotional, indecisive, fun, and complex. Her summer in Cousins is defined by choosing between Jeremiah and Conrad, both of which she has intense feelings for. Therefore, I decided to feed her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. This sandwich is simple and easy to make, and there’s no big decisions involved. It has the perfect mixture of salty and sweet and is impossible to mess up.

Jeremiah: Ice cream sundae

Jeremiah is fun-loving, kind, and what most people would call a “golden retriever” boy. His friendship with Belly is strong, but his feelings for her are stronger. I think Jeremiah would enjoy an ice cream sundae with strawberry ice cream, rainbow sprinkles, whipped cream, hot fudge, and a cherry on top. This dish is sweet and has a little bit of everything good, just like Jeremiah. Plus, no one can say no to ice cream.

Conrad: Pan seared scallops

Conrad is probably the most intricate of the group and struggles with finding ways to express his emotions and be open with the people he loves. I also know he enjoys sailing and, of course, has spent all his summers at his house out in Cousins. So, he would definitely enjoy pan seared scallops. They are an acquired taste, but if you can appreciate them, you will love them forever.

Steven: Empanada

As Belly’s older brother, Steven has had to find his own path as he navigates the repercussions of Belly’s actions with his two best friends. Steven is protective over Belly, but also not afraid to take risks (like when Belly finds him hooking up with her best friend at a party). I would love to feed Steven something unpredictable like empanadas. You have to take a leap of faith and bite straight into it to find out what the empanada is filled with in the same way that Steven is biting into the empanada of life, discovering what it has to offer.

Laurel: Garlic parmesan Brussel sprouts

Laurel is serious and very much the mother figure of the group. She is a divorced writer and the grounded friend to Susannah’s free spirited nature. She is strong minded and definitely the rock of the group. Therefore, I would feed Laurel garlic parmesan roasted Brussel sprouts. No matter how much the veggie doesn’t taste good, it is essential that you eat your vegetables. Plus, the garlic parmesan is the tastiest way to make them easier to eat.

Susannah: Lobster roll

Susannah, the optimist and inspiration behind the trending coastal chic look, is highly adored by each of the characters and the audience. I see her enjoying a light and delicious lobster roll, something easy, flavorful, and well-loved.

Taylor: Steak tartare

Taylor is Belly’s spunky best friend from back home. She is best known for pushing Belly to take risks and go outside of her shell. Therefore, Taylor might really enjoy steak tartare. This dish is not for everyone, but something people who truly appreciate food would love.

Cam: Zoodles

As I remember from season two, Cam Cameron is Belly’s first kiss. He is practical, smart, respectful, and definitely a safe bet for Belly. Knowing that Cam is a vegetarian, I love the idea of serving him zucchini noodles with fresh tomato sauce. This dish is great for summer, healthy, and all around a safe bet for anyone you may be feeding.