I'm the type of person who goes to sleep excited to wake up just because of what I'm going to have for breakfast the next morning. I truly think that what you have for breakfast sets you up for the rest of the day and when you fuel your body properly, you literally have the energy to sustain throughout the day. Food is one of the ways that I bring joy and fun into my study routine. 

I'm sharing with you some of my favorite breakfasts packed with healthy foods to fuel your studying. These breakfasts not only taste delicious but they will make you feel good too.

Van's Power Grains Waffles with almond butter and blueberries

You can sub any toasted waffle in this recipe but I love Van's Power Grains Waffles because they are packed with plant-based protein and energizing whole grains like millet, brown rice, and steel-cut oats. I add almond butter for protein and healthy fats and blueberries for antioxidants. A great breakfast when you're on the go!

Sweet potato hash with spinach, peppers, mushrooms, and black beans

hash, bacon, egg, potato
Alex Vu

This is a great recipe for meal prep at the beginning of the week and reheats throughout the week. Simply sauté or roast cubbed sweet potato. Then add and sauté all the veggies your heart desires. I like to add tofu, black beans, an egg, or some other source of protein just to make this veggie-centric breakfast more substantial. Starting my day with a savory breakfast, I have found, leaves me more satisfied and curbs my sweet tooth.

Oatmeal Pancakes with berries and honey

syrup, blueberry, sweet, pancake, pastry, berry, cake, chocolate
Alex Frank

For these, mix together 1.5 cups rolled oats, 2 tbsp ground flax, 1.5 cup almond milk in one bowl then 1.5 cup oat flour, 1 tbsp honey, 1.5 tsp baking powder, cinnamon, and a dash of salt in another bowl. Then add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and cook like normal pancakes! This is a great #treatyoself breakfast and the oats are filled with slow-digesting carbs so you won't be hungry as soon as you finish your meal.

Power greens smoothie with greens, frozen mango, frozen banana, flax seeds, peanut butter, and almond milk

milk, coffee, smoothie, sweet, milkshake, cream, yogurt
Christin Urso

Another great on the go breakfast is always a smoothie. I always add greens, protein, and some type of healthy fat. That way the smoothie actually fills me up and is more of a meal than a snack. The more fruits and veggies you have in your diet, the better. Smoothies are a great way to add in more greens and get all the added benefits (like improved cognitive function, boosted immunity, and glowing skin).

I hope this article has inspired a new breakfast rotation for you. Are you a sweet or savory person? I usually lean towards savory but I can't wait to make those pancakes this weekend!