Food trucks in Michigan? Yep, you heard me right.

This fall you can channel your inner foodie and experience the trendiness that are food trucks. Every week the Ann Arbor Farmer’s Market (located in Kerrytown near Zingerman’s) hosts the “Wednesday Evening Market” which includes locally grown produce, meat and cheese stands as well as plenty of food carts and trucks.

Here are some highlights to help you plan which food truck (or trucks) to visit:

Hello! Gelato           

food truck

Photo by Zoe Zaiss

Picture a classic ice cream truck and that’s what you have with Hello! Gelato, but with gourmet ice cream instead of a mediocre Spongebob popsicle. With flavors like salted caramel, black cherry, espresso and dark chocolate you’re sure to find one (or a few) that satisfies your sweet tooth. And don’t forget to ask for samples!

The Pita Post 

food truck

Photo by Zoe Zaiss

If you’re craving something savory, The Pita Post could be your truck of choice. Not only is the food delicious, but the names of the dishes are awesome. Take your pick between the “falafel boy”, “shi-ni-tzel”, “not yo’mama but shawarma”, “the post reuben” and plenty of smaller plates and snacks.

Petey’s Donuts

food truck

Photo by Zoe Zaiss

mens nike free 5.0
Petey’s offers everything we love about going to the cider mill, without actually having to go. You can’t beat fresh apple cider in the fall, especially when it’s paired with autumn’s gift to the world, the perfectly deep-fried cinnamon sugar cider doughnut. One doughnut is only $1, but if you’re smart you’ll go for the 6 doughnuts for $5 deal. Phe-NOM-inal. Get it? Nom.

Shimmy Shack

food truck

Photo by Zoe Zaiss

Think of Shimmy Shack as a portable diner: burgers, fries, chili, milkshakes and even nachos. I’ll also mention that almost everything on the menu is gluten free, because apparently that’s trendy now too. Stop by this truck for a side of French fries or ball out with the double cheeseburger combo—either way, you won’t be disappointed and you’ll be one step closer to a heart attack.
nike free gym
If food trucks aren’t your thing, there are plenty of other attractions to keep you occupied. Think homemade desserts, a Babo juicery stand, live music and face painting (hell yeah I still want to get my face painted to look like a tiger, is that weird?). The event goes from 4 pm to 8 pm each Wednesday through the month of October. Check out the website here for more details.

Looking for more AA foodie news? Check out these articles!

The Ann Arbor Food Guide

New Umich Meal Plan