It's hard to live without cheese—especially when you're a college student and eat pizza every night. And because all cheese is delicious, you might as well choose the cheese with the least calories. So here is a ranking of your favorite cheeses, ranked from least calories to most calories per ounce: 

1. Feta Cheese

At a mere 74 calories per ounce, feta wins with the lowest number of calories. Those Greeks know how to pick both healthy and delicious food. Try using feta to spice up orzo using this Spinach, Feta, and Orzo Recipe

2. Goat Cheese

salad, cheese, beet salad, beet, tomato, spinach
Kiara Lee

Coming up next is one of my favorites—goat cheese. Losing to feta by just one calorie, goat cheese comes in at a cool 74 calories per ounce. Take your favorite salad to the next level by crumbling it on top. That extra creamy, tangy bite makes eating your greens a breeze

3. Mozzarella Cheese

vegetable, mozzarella, fish fingers, meat, chicken
Isabella Neuberg

With 84 calories per ounce, mozzarella is not too bad for you in terms of calories—that is until you coat it in bread bread crumbs and deep fry it. But hey, it's the thought that counts. Make your own mozzarella sticks using this recipe

4. Brie Cheese - 94 Calories

cheese, milk, dairy product, dairy, wine, brie, cheddar
Kaitlin Wheeler

Up next is brie cheese, which clocks in at 94 calories per ounce. It's another one of my personal favorites, especially when it's wrapped in pastry dough and stuffed with jam. The flaky pastry is the perfect complement for the creamy, melty cheese.

5. Blue Cheese - 99 Calories

cheddar, dairy, dairy product, milk, cheese
Amanda Shulman

At 99 calories per ounce, blue cheese is smack dab in the middle in terms of calorie count—could be better, could be worse. Luckily, I'm not a fan of blue cheese, so I'll be avoiding it no matter how many calories it has.

6. Cream Cheese - 100 Calories

sandwich, cream, cream cheese, cheese, bagel
Elizabeth Budd

Although regular cream cheese has more calories per ounce than some other cheeses, 99 to be exact, if you opt for a light cream cheese, you can cut down on some of those calories. So continue eating your daily bagel and light cream cheese in the morning.

7. American Cheese

bacon, cheese, egg, cheddar, sandwich
Paige Stickevers

With a solid 105 calories per ounce, good ol' American cheese has quite a high calorie count compared to other cheeses. But if you're eating already eating a burger, what's a few extra calories?

8. Swiss Cheese

cake
Amanda Shulman

Swiss Cheese comes in at number eight with a total of 106 calories per ounce. Not the worst, but definitely not the best—just like its taste.

9. Cheddar Cheese

cheese
Linzie Gienau

Cheddar Cheese is second to last in terms of calorie count. Each serving packs in a hefty 113 calories per ounce. Sad. Sorry cheddar, but I think I might opt for a different cheese next time.

10. Parmesan Cheese - 122 Calories

dairy product, cheese, milk, parmesan
Amy Le

Sadly, in last place, is parmesan cheese with a calorie count of 122 calories per ounce. As a huge pasta fan, I was not too happy about this one. But you have to treat yourself once in a while, so don't worry parmesan—I'll still be eating you. 

Since many people crave cheese, it is helpful to know which cheeses have the least amount of calories. And hopefully this guide will come in handy when you dig into the cheese platter at your next party.