The new Fifty Shades of Grey sequel comes to theaters on February 10th (near Valentine's Day coincidence? I think not). Single, in a relationship, or 'it's complicated', be sure to pack these aphrodisiac snacks to prepare for the steamy viewing.

1. Oysters

So cliché, but so proven. The high levels of Zinc in each shell has been shown to increase testosterone production, which has been scientifically linked to higher sex drive. Slurp, slurp, hooray!

2. Bananas

pasture, vegetable, banana
Eunice Choi

Surely, we can all find the humor in this one. Get your head out of the gutter, readers. Note that the potassium in bananas increases muscle strength, and thus, sexual stamina. 

3. Chocolate

Ever wonder why chocolate is the most popular Valentine's Day gift? Now you know. Cocoa contains phenethylamine, a subtle stimulant that gives chocolate its reputation as the love drug.

4. Red Wine

One of life's trickiest questions: red or white? Well, a tall glass of red contains an antioxidant, resveratrol, that boosts blood flow, increases circulation, and promotes relaxation. I'll raise a glass to that. 

5. Hot Chilies

Capsaicin, a prominent chemical in hot peppers, increases circulation and gets your blood pumping. Not only are these bad boys sure to spice up your love life, but they might also make you pretty thirsty along the way. (Bad joke? nah). 

6. Avocados

Originally thought to be an aphrodisiac by the ancient Aztecs, science now suggests that this trendy fruit's high levels of Vitamin E help to maintain youthful vigor and energy levels

7. Honey

tea, jam
Carter Roland

It's no wonder the production of this sweet condiment comes from the birds and the bees. This sticky, golden topping is filled with boron, which helps to regulate estrogen and testosterone levels. 

8. Watermelon

melon, sweet, juice, watermelon
Kathleen Lee

Got melons? (Sorry, couldn't resist). On a serious note, this sweet, juicy fruit is packed with lycopene and is thought to have a Viagra-like effect on the body. Snacking on watermelon can relax blood vessels and improve circulation

Aphrodisiac foods are packed with chemicals, vitamins, and minerals that have been scientifically proven to have an effect on the body. So whether you are preparing for Fifty Shades on Galentine's Day or a hot date on Valentine's Day, make sure to pack these easy, accessible snacks for the theater.