When it comes to fave desserts, mine hands down would have to be chocolate lava cake. With its fudgy cake texture and to-die-for melty center, there is no better way to describe it than heaven. Plus, it's chocolate-flavored, which pretty much speaks for itself.

Molly Gamache

But as it turns out, chocolate lava cake isn't the only lava cake that exists out there. Keep reading to find out what other lava cakes you need to try, and no matter what flavor you choose, don't forget that lava cake always tastes better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

1. Lemon

When life gives you lemons, make lemon lava cake, amirite? This cake is perfect for anyone who loves a little tartness in their dessert. And hey, what better drink to wash it down than some ice-cold lemonade

2. Matcha Green Tea

Lava cake + matcha = a matcha made in heaven. Feel a little more zen at the end of the day with this molten green tea cake. 

3. Peanut Butter and Jelly

Peanut butter jelly time isn't just at lunch. Nosh on the lava-cake version of this childhood food fave for dessert, whenever that may be for you. (Dessert for breakfast, anyone?)   

4. Cookie Butter

Eating a spoonful of cookie butter from the jar is already bomb AF, but eating a spoonful of cookie butter lava cake?! I didn't know it could get any better.

5. Funfetti

In my opinion, birthday celebrations ALWAYS call for funfetti desserts. It's just the icing on the cake (too much?) that you can now indulge in the sprinkles-filled flavor in lava-cake form.  

6. Strawberry

Looks like strawberry shortcake has some competition. This cake is filled with strawberry curd that's bound to make your taste buds tingle with joy, and better yet, have you craving for more.

7. Salted Caramel

No doubt, caramel sauce boasts the same melt-in-your-mouth creaminess as hot fudge in a chocolate lava cake. So of course salted caramel lava cake is a must try, especially when first branching out of your lava-cake comfort zone.