Some mornings you wake up and the only thing in your fridge is your pizza from the night before. While cold pizza is sometimes a great breakfast choice, other times you want something a little more nutritious. These breakfast pizza recipes will definitely get you excited to start your day. 

1. Leftover Pizza 

chicken, bacon
Natsuko Mazany

Scramble your leftover pizza toppings with some eggs and you have a brand new breakfast. This recipe is easy and only requires two ingredients: your leftover slice and eggs. This is an easy way to start your day, right? 

2. Everything Bagel and Lox Pizza

Bagel, lox, and pizza, all in one recipe? Sounds like the perfect combination for breakfast. Skip the capers and add some tomatoes or avocado to switch it up. For the everything flavor, try the Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Sesame seasoning blend.

3. Tater Tot Pizza

Audrey Mirabito

Using tater tots as the crust is a great way to incorporate breakfast into this recipe. You can even attempt to make this recipe in your school's dining hall. For a sweeter breakfast, use maple syrup instead of sriracha. 

~Tater tot, drizzle some sriracha on your pizza tots.~

4. Spinach, Avocado, Pesto Naan Pizza

egg, spinach, dairy product, bread
Sasha Kran

This light recipe is great for breakfast. Instead of using naan, you can substitute an english muffin or other flatbread. The egg is especially good in this recipe because the bread soaks up the yolk. 

5. Blackberry Ricotta Pizza with Basil 

pizza, cheese, basil
Sasha Kran

This recipe is great if you aren't a big fan of eggs in the morning. You can experiment by using different berries on top, and skip the green onions if you don't want to start your day with such a sharp taste. The balsamic glaze is optional, but it adds great flavor to this pizza. 

6. Bacon Breakfast Pizza

This breakfast pizza is simple and fresh. It can really be made with any vegetable of your choice, and you can add sauce if you want more flavor. You can also skip the bacon and add your favorite breakfast protein instead. 

7. Ultimate Breakfast Pizza

The ultimate breakfast pizza includes all the toppings you can imagine. But if that's not enough for you, you can add more cheese, mushrooms, and peppers. The eggs can also be prepared sunny side up so the bread will soak up the runny yolk.

Using your leftover pizza is an easier option for breakfast pizza. Starting a new pizza, however, may taste a little more fresh. Pizza for breakfast is no longer just a morning-after hangover food. Now, breakfast pizza can be a tasty and nutritious way to start your day.