With St. Patrick's Day fast-approaching, people are amping up for their traditional holiday feasts. Usually, an St. Patrick’s Day meal consists of two ingredients: corned beef and cabbage. However, these foods aren’t exactly what you would call tasty. At least not yet. Here are five ways to turn corned beef and cabbage into the best St. Patrick’s Day dishes imaginable. After all, you’ve got to have something to go with all that beer, right?

1. Corned Beef and Cabbage Pho

Although most people haven’t quite mastered the pronunciation of this dish, pho is undoubtedly delicious. It is a warm bowl of meats, vegetables, and noodles simmered in a wildly amazing broth. Simply by adding corned beef and cooked cabbage into the soup, you could have your St. Patrick’s Day celebration the Vietnamese way.

2. Barbecue and Cabbage Slaw

As a Southern girl, I try to turn any ingredient into a barbecue dinner. For starters, corned beef is an easy substitute for the meat of a barbecue sandwich. With the proper seasoning and a swanky sauce, this beef would have no problem being a barbecue impostor. Since a proper barbecue can never be complete without a side dish, the cabbage could be turned into a light and crisp coleslaw. Whether it's made with vinegar or mayonnaise, this cabbage slaw is sure to make your mama proud. 

3. Corned Beef Sushi

Contrary to popular belief, sushi doesn’t always involve fish. For those of us that stray away from the salts of the sea, beef can be a great alternative. Often, chefs use beef as a topping for nigiri, a sushi comprised of rice on the bottom and a slice of protein on top. If you’d like to bring a few more flavors to the party, you can replace lettuce with cabbage and create an entire roll wrapped in caramelized corned beef.

4. Cabbage Lettuce Wraps

Recently, many people have been in search of a healthier alternative to bread. One idea, in particular, has swept the nation adding a crisp kick to the sandwich game. It is with great pleasure that I present to you, the lettuce wrap. Although this wrap is incredibly tasty, it can be easily substituted with cabbage to provide an St. Patrick’s Day twist. Instead of using ground beef, the standard wrap filling, slices of corned beef would add an Irish flare to this popular carb replacement

5. Raclette

This last dish adheres to the common philosophy that a whole lot of cheese can solve any problem. By adding some gooey goodness on top of a traditional plate of corned beef and cabbage, the St. Patrick’s Day duo would reach a new level. If you’re feeling fancy, you could top off the dish with some toasty raclette, a melted cheese shoveled over meats, veggies, and bread that comes straight off of the wheel. If your budget isn't this extravagant, melting a store-bought cheese over the cabbage-beef combo would definitely do the trick.

With these trendy twists on corned beef and cabbage, food can now play a bigger role in your St. Patrick's Day. These dishes just might even give the festivals, parades, and green beer a run for their money.