Do you have vivid dreams of cascading waterfalls of cheese falling onto your food? Yeah, me too.

Now in NYC, those dreams have become reality. Raclette is the newest pride and joy of Manhattan, and the food world hype is very real.

raclette

Photo courtesy of @brunchboys on Instagram

Grab your phone (fully charged because well, photo and video ops galore) and head down to the East Village/Alphabet City area. Raclette is a very small joint so expect to wait on long lines and cram yourself in between other people trying to get their cheese on. Seriously, they only have eight small seats—but believe me, it’s 100% worth the wait.

Here’s how their melted cheese magic works:

The menu is pretty selective but the obvious choice when eating here are the raclette dishes. You essentially pick whatever you’d like to go along with your heaping mound of cheese. The star of the show is the cheese and the veggies are the supporting actors.

They come out with a half wheel of cheese. That’s right. The Alpine cheese is melted table side so you can watch all that ooey, gooey bubbly action right in front of your eyes. Food porn, anyone?

While the cheese is piping hot, they take a long knife and scrape the top melted layer of the wheel onto your food. I highly recommend taking a slo-mo video so you can savor and replay this glorious moment of your life over and over again. The thin cheese crust cascades in a rippling effect onto your plate. The end result is a beautiful thing.

raclette

Photo courtesy of @jackie_0525 on Instagram

raclette

Photo courtesy of @tastebitesny on Instagram

raclette

Photo courtesy of @marrrinaisonfire on Instagram

raclette

Photo courtesy of @tannibalism on Instagram

raclette

Photo courtesy of grubstreet.com

I know this may sound cheesy, but Raclette, I think you’re grate.

So friends, what are you waiting for? Get your cheese on.