According to Food and Beverage Magazine, we will be seeing blueberries make its way across our plates and Instagrams a lot more this year as it's becoming a new food trend of 2017. With their sweet and savory flavor, blueberries are the perfect combination with anything. Not to mention you can have it fresh, frozen, juice, dehydrated, puree, preserved and or diced.

National Geographic published an article releasing polls illustrating that health-conscious consumers found wild foods (aka blueberries) more healthier and tasted better.

Even The TODAY Show joined the conversation by featuring them in healthy food trends for 2017. The article stated that due to the rise in savory granola bars, blueberry flavors have spiked because of it's natural sweetness.

Here are 14 blueberry dishes to eat while ringing in one of the (healthy) food trends of 2017.

1. Blueberry Muffins 

sweet, cake, chocolate, muffin, pastry, goody, cookie, candy, blueberry muffin

Talk about #basic, you knew this bakery item would be on the list.

2. Blueberry Pancakes

cake, sweet, pastry, chocolate, berry, cream, pie, syrup, goody, blueberry
Alex Frank

Okay, same with this plate; but, can we just reflect how good these look? Looking for more blueberry? Check out this recipe to make your own blueberry syrup.  

3. Blueberry Cocktails 

It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

4. Blueberry Trifle

Something to add to your next BBQ. Be the creative person that rises above the cupcakes and pies--people will definitely not forget the trifle.

5. Blueberry Acai Bowls and Smoothies

blueberry, blackberry, yogurt
Abby Chepenik

Different but alike, acai bowls and smoothies will refresh you with antioxidants while also helping you achieve your daily fruit count.

6. Blueberry Loaf

Fresh fruit loaves are always a good idea, especially when paired with lemon icing.

7. Blueberry Sorbet

beet, vegetable, sweet, beet salad, salad, cream
Katherine Richter

Looking for a bonding night with mom? Bring out this recipe and show her who the real cook in the kitchen is. 

8. Blueberry Cheesecake

Not only is this blueberry cheesecake a healthier version than other recipes out there, but it's paleo and vegan. Check out the recipe here

9. Blueberry Pie

sweet, wheat, cereal
Kristine Mahan

Ditch the apple pie and try this one the next time you're at grandma's.

10. Blueberry French Toast

Team pancake or team french toast? With pictures like these it may have to be a tie.

11. Blueberry Oatmeal

blueberry, berry
Kavita Gurm

Fresh fruit is easy to add to any breakfast item, especially oatmeal .Step up your game by adding some color to your oatmeal

12. Blueberry Shortcake

Delicious as a 4th of July dessert or after a long day in the sun. This refreshing treat is light enough to not make you feel stuffed but satisfy your sweet tooth.

13. Blueberry Granola Bites

chocolate, sweet, cookie, cake, pastry, candy
Vickie Nguyen

The perfect healthy go-to snack after a killer workout or in between classes. 

14. Blueberry Bagels

Maybe sometimes overlooked by the cinnamon or cheese bagel, this OG will always have your back in the morning. 

Feeling extra blueberry? Double up with blueberry cream cheese.

So there you have it, 14 blueberry food and beverage ideas to get you on the blueberry bandwagon. Not a fan of the blueberry? That's okay, maybe your favorite fruit will make it to the list next year. Until then, let's have a berry good rest of the year.