With the school year ending and graduation fast approaching, it's a scary and transformative, yet exciting time for all soon-to-be college grads. If you know someone who's going to be walking the stage very soon and want to give them a gift that's useful for life post-university without breaking the bank, you've come to the right place. Here are the 11 best graduation gifts for college students, all for under $20.

1. Trader Joe's Cookbook

Find It: Trader Joe's Cookbook, $16.05 at Barnes & Noble

One of the hallmarks of being a real adult is moving on from the mediocre-yet-dependable dining hall selection and cooking for yourself in a real, non-communal kitchen. Grocery shopping proves intimidating and expensive, but Trader Joe's, aka every broke college kid's haven, offers tons of affordable, high-quality produce. So, one of the best gifts you can give to your favorite grad is a Trader Joe's Cookbook full of delicious recipes that are both tasty and cheap.

2. BNTO Canning Jar Lunchbox

Find It: BNTO Canning Jar, $8.99 at Cuppow

There's nothing more millennial than mason jars. Sure, they're cute and aesthetically pleasing to drink out of, but they can also be practical. For your mason jar-obsessed friend, give them a BNTO Canning Jar to take to lunch at their new job. This jar converts your plain old mason jar to a compartmentalized contraption perfect for meal prepping

3. Basic Set of Spices

Find It: Make your own for under $20, or get a Simply Organic Basics 8 Spices Gift Set for $22 on Amazon

Moving into a new place is so overwhelming that oftentimes, the essentials are forgotten, including basic spices for the pantry. Save the day by gifting a set of basic spices like oregano and cumin so that no meal is under seasoned. It's one of the most underrated graduation gifts for college students, whether you realize it or not.

4. Fruit Infuser Water Bottle

Find It: Live Infinitely 32 oz. Infuser Water Bottles, $14.90 on Amazon

We all know that staying hydrated is super important, but life can be so busy (especially when starting at a new job) that sometimes it's easy to neglect the basics like drinking enough water. To encourage your bestie to take care of themselves while they're on the job, give them a water bottle that's 32 ounces and infuses fruit for some nutrient-rich liquids that'll get them through their future 9 to 5.

5. Egg Poacher

Find It: COZILIFE Egg Poacher, $13.97 on Amazon

Honestly, there's nothing more adult than hosting brunch. However, those Sunday mornings aren't complete without some perfectly poached eggs. To ease the process of prepping an entire group meal, order a couple of silicone egg poachers from Amazon that come out perfectly every single time, and are super easy to clean up.

#SpoonTip: If your bestie loves eggs (or really, can only cook eggs), here are 11 egg gadgets for some more inspo.

6. Candle

Find It: Bath & Body Works Candle, $12.95

Meal prepping is great and all, but it can leave the house filled with some pungent scents (looking at you, garlic and onions). One of the best graduation gifts for college students, a nice candle, can offset some of those odors. Plus, it's a nice housewarming gift. You could give them flowers, but the scent of a candle will last much longer.  

7. French Press 

Find It: French Press, $20 from Crate & Barrel

You might have survived grabbing a cup of joe every morning from Starbucks or the student center as a college student, but it adds up, especially if you're footing the bill now and not your parents. A French press, which costs around $20, not only serves up strong coffee, but will save hundreds of dollars in the long run. Plus, it can be used for more fun drinks, like cocktails. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

8. Funny Apron

Find It: Tim & Ted Coffee Apron, $17.99 on Amazon

Life can be messy, and cooking can be messier. Help your grad avoid inevitable danger by giving them a funny apron to make a statement and protect them from collateral damage in the kitchen.

9. Marble Cheese Board

Find It: Amethya Marble Pattern Cutting Board, $17.95 on Amazon

Dinner parties are the prime environment to network, and it's not a good dinner party until the host brings out an impressive, extensive cheeseboard. To make sure your bestie presents their creation well, score them a marble cheeseboard that looks like it's worth hundreds of dollars, but actually only costs 18 bucks.

10. Customizable M&Ms

Find It: Customizable Party Favors, $1.99/each, or splurge a little and get a customized Graduation Cap Gift Box for $29.99

Not super practical, but perhaps the most nostalgic (and delicious) gift, M&Ms makes customizable candies that you can decorate with logos, images or various colors. A jar filled with your grad's school colors, mascot, or graduating year is guaranteed to get them to shed a tear or two of complete happiness.

11. Shot Glasses

Find It: AW Fashions Shot Glass, $6.99 on Amazon

Adulthood, although exciting and liberating, can also be exhausting. Help out your bestie by giving them a shot glass with a witty saying so they can blow off some steam once the clock strikes 5 pm. While you're at it, get yourself a matching one so you can take a shot with them in solidarity.

Graduating can be tough, but shopping for the perfect gift can feel even tougher. Use this list to ease the stress of getting your BFF a bomb graduation present, because entering the "real world" is stressful enough.