You've probably heard of "freakshakes," the crazy, towering milkshake concoctions that have taken over social media. But now, over-the-top hot chocolates are beginning to take the spotlight; popping up at restaurants coast to coast, with new flavors and toppings galore. Here are 10 of the most over the top hot chocolates across the country to keep you warm this winter.

Serendipity3: New York City, NY

Serendipity's "Frrrozen Hot Chocolate" is probably the most well-known drink on this list. The sizable drink is served with a mountain of whipped cream and chocolate shavings, and is perfect for sharing with a friend or two after a meal. Salted caramel and toasted coconut varieties have been offered in the past, and a peanut butter version is always on the menu.

Too cold out for a "frrrozen" drink? Don't fret — a true hot chocolate is available as well.

Garrido's Bistro & Pastry: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

Garrido's was featured on the TV show "Ginormous Food" for their "Punisher" arepa filled with 15 pounds of meat, but the Venezuelan sandwiches aren't the only thing here that can be supersized. In the winter, an array of hot chocolates are offered here, with toppings including doughnuts, lava cakes, marshmallows, eclairs, cookies, and more. The craziest of them all is the Skyscraper, pictured above.

The Dirty Cookie: Tustin, CA

While not as wild of a creation as some other drinks on this list, this classic hot chocolate gets an upgrade with torched marshmallow fluff and seasonal decorations, like sprinkles and cute cookies. Make sure to try a cookie shot, their signature item, which comes in classic chocolate chip, matcha, churro, pumpkin, red velvet, and more. If you're feeling adventurous, try their matcha or red velvet cookie butters, too.

Petite Sweets: Houston, TX

Petite Sweets has a selection of treats including cake pops, macarons, pies, and gelato, but the hot chocolates are the real eye-catcher here. The "Cookie Monster" (shown above) is a white hot chocolate with blue coloring, whipped cream, and cookie crumble. A unicorn drink with colorful marshmallows and sprinkles is also offered, as well as a traditional white hot chocolate.

Four Seasons Resort and Residence Vail: Denver, CO

How do you make a mountainside resort feel even cozier? With hot chocolate, of course! Watch the marshmallow and dark chocolate lattice melt as rich melted Swiss chocolate is poured into the cup at The Remedy Bar located inside the resort. Feeling like something a little stronger? Spike it and make it an ~adult~ beverage for a few dollars more.

Martha's Country Bakery: Brooklyn, NY

Martha's in Brooklyn is a dessert heaven, offering cakes, pies, cookies, cheesecakes, and other pastries of every flavor imaginable. But perhaps the most unique item is the red velvet hot chocolate, sitting alongside peanut butter, Mexican, and traditional hot chocolate flavors. The red velvet hot chocolate is composed of dark chocolate chips, steamed milk, Hershey's syrup, and red velvet powder, topped with whipped cream and more red velvet powder. If you love all things red velvet, this is a must try. Can't make it to NYC? Here's how to make it yourself.

BomboBar: Chicago, IL

Notorious on Instagram for their Bombolini doughnuts that come with syringes of filling for you to fill your own pastry, BomboBar takes everything to the next level, including hot chocolates, nicknamed "hotter chocolates." The two flavors are S'mores and Funfetti, complete with doughnut and biscotti toppings, really putting your beverage over the top.

If you're not in the mood for a super-rich, chocolatey drink, give their "hotter cider" a try. You can't really go wrong, since this one comes with a doughnut, too. Adding dessert to your beverage really takes it to whole other level.

Dominque Ansel Bakery: New York, NY

This NYC staple may be best known for their legendary cronut, but nothing here is to be overlooked, from their other pastries to their infamous cookie shot and frozen s'mores. Their decadent hot chocolate is topped with a white-chocolate-ring bound marshmallow, which blossoms into a flower as it melts, making for a perfect video opp for your Instagram.

Creme & Sugar: Anaheim, CA

Make your visit to Disneyland complete with a fun and fancy hot chocolate from Creme & Sugar! There are three kinds are available: the Cookie Monster, the Circus Animal (both pictured above), and the Unicorn, topped with sprinkles, marshmallows, cookies—their bright colors putting them over the top.

Creme & Sugar also serves cakes, with unique flavors like pink champagne, lavender, and circus animal. If you need some caffeine, opt for a latte that's just as bright and lively as the hot chocolates.

MET Back Bay: Boston, MA

MET Back Bay in Boston offers traditional restaurant fare, but most unique is their hot chocolate menu that appears seasonally. You can order a single cup, or get a taste of all four in the flight pictured above, which includes classic, Mexican, salted almond, and peppermint varieties (left to right). Each is made with a Taza chocolate base (a local company) and garnished with appropriate trimmings of torched marshmallows, a cinnamon stick, candy canes, and almond biscotti. Amp it up with adult additions like Bailey's for an extra $10.

Bundle up this winter and sip on these delicious drinks. No matter what region you're in, there's a decadent, over the top hot chocolate creation waiting just for you. From classic to new and creative, there's something to satisfy everyone's sweet tooth.