You didn't really have a childhood if you never ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The sweet jam and salty peanut butter pair perfectly when sandwiched together, but how about when stuffed into donuts and made into drinks? Believe it or not, it works.

The two nostalgic flavors make a perfect food combination. The following recipes show PB&J don't need to be on slices of bread to be a dynamic duo.

1. Tiramisu

bacon, cheese
Marisa Palace

This classic Italian dessert gets an unusual, but nonetheless delicious, upgrade. The combination of peanut butter mascarpone and jelly infused Lady Fingers makes it a dessert perfect for any age.

2. Monkey Bread

This pull apart bread is perfect for brunch. Using canned biscuit dough makes cooking this super easy, but doesn't compromise the flavor of the dish. Topped with icing, it will definitely be sure to bring out your inner child. The best part? It takes under 30 minutes to make.

3. PB and J Cups

chocolate, butter, peanut butter
Amanda Shulman

The new twist on the classic Reese's peanut butter cups, these PB and J cups are bursting with filling. When doused in chocolate, it has to be good. They're perfect to keep in your freezer for a pick-me-up snack.

4. Smoothie

grass, beer
Maggie Gilligan

Peanut butter and jelly get liquified in this blend of frozen fruit, protein powder, and milk. The addition of oats make it into a hearty and thick shake that will keep you full until your next meal.

5. Banana Boat

Banana boats were undoubtedly the best part of every camping trip. This upgraded version includes a filling of peanut butter and jelly and a topping of crunchy granola. What makes this dessert even better is that it can be made in a toaster oven and only requires four basic ingredients.

6. Tart

pie, crust, cake
Paige Stickevers

A homemade peanut butter crust lays down the base for strawberry jam filling and even more crumbly peanut butter crust. It's easy to make, but even easier to eat the entire thing.

7. Muffins

These portable muffins make a perfect on the go snack. Filled with a dollop of sweet jam, the muffins stay moist *cringe* for a few days. If you can't eat the entire batch, freeze them. They thaw out perfectly if you take them out the night before you eat them.

8. Overnight Oats

Maggie Harriman

Overnight oats are the perfect fiber-filled breakfast. By adding protein-packed peanut butter and omega-3 filled chia seeds, this breakfast couldn't get any healthier. Not to mention that making these oats the night before saves you time when you're getting ready in the morning. 

9. Baklava

pastry, pie, cake, baklava, sweet, strudel, cream
Shelby McLennan

Baklava is a typical Greek dessert consisted of layers of film dough and a sticky honey and walnut mixture. In this recipe, a layer of a peanut butter and cream cheese mixture is spread across the layers of filo dough and is then drizzled with a strawberry jam sauce. The flavor is complex, but the recipe is not.

10. Donuts

sweet, pastry, candy, chocolate, cake, beignets, bread
Christian Stafford

Super cute mini donuts get "PB and J-ified" in this recipe. You'll find your inner pastry chef when you are making the homemade dough. If you don't want to go through the process of making these donuts, try out Doughnut Plant's version.

And that's it! Ten all-star recipes that include the delicious flavors of peanut butter and jelly but don't come in the form of a sandwich. Make sure to try some of these recipes out and get ready to experience nostalgia.