There are two types of people in this world, people that love pizza, and people that are wrong. No one should have to choose between their stable, on-going relationship with pizza and their desire to obtain a healthy eating lifestyle. So help me help you make pizza healthier without losing the crucial components of pizza that we know and love with these easy pizza hacks. 

1. English Muffin

Using an English muffin is the perfect alternative to making your own personal pizza. It also helps control your serving size because let's face it, there's a fine line between portion size and self control. The average English Muffin is only 140 calories which means you can have your pizza and eat it too.

english muffin, ham, sandwich, bread, egg
Renee Chiu

2. Low Fat Ricotta

This is an awesome cheese swap to make when building your pizza due to Ricotta being low fat. Make it the main component of your cheese layer to reap the benefits. It's a good idea to add a small amount of an additional type of cheese to max out your flavor experience while still saving some calories. Give this a try, because I promise Ricotta is a real crowd cheeser. 

basil, cheese, pizza
Sasha Kran

3. Zucchini

Zucchini is the new cauliflower for the year 2017. The possibilities with this trendy vegetable are almost as never ending as the names being called at a college graduation (congrats 2017 grads).

You can roll long slices of zucchini up in cheese and marinara sauce to make mini bite size pizzas roll-ups. Or if you're interested in a more traditional pizza crust, you can intersect zucchini circles by laying them all out flat and then add the cheese of your choice. This zucchini pizza hack will sure squash the competition.

fish, seafood, sauce, meat, vegetable
Emma Lally

4.  Nutritional Yeast

Vegan or not, you have got to try nutritional yeast on your pizza. Not only is it low in calories, it's also packed with protein and still tastes just like cheese. It ain't easy being cheesy, but its even harder to be a vegan and miss out all its goodness. Thank you nutritional yeast for allowing us to not miss out on the cheesy flavor we all know and love.

coffee, beer, tea
Kristi Pfeiffer

5. "Cloud Bread"

Its called cloud bread not just because it's light and fluffy, but because it's a dream come true. It's low carb, packed with protein, and extremely simple to make. All you need is egg whites, cream of tartar, and either cream cheese or yogurt.

Simply beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then add in the cream cheese or yogurt and cream of tartar. Then simply bake until golden brown. This hack allows every pizza lover to not miss out on what they love the most - the crust. This proves that pizza can be healthy - anything is possible if you just believe.

mushroom, pizza
Kristi Pfeiffer

A world without pizza wouldn't be a world that any of us would want to live in. That's why it's great to see we can still eat pizza while maintaining a well-balanced diet with these hacks. With the help of these healthy hacks, its safe to say that a slice of pizza a day will keep the doctor away.