Spoon University Logo
News

Burger King’s New ‘The Addams Family’ Menu Includes A Purple Whopper

Like many other fast food chains, Burger King is hopping on the Halloween bandwagon with a new menu inspired by Amazon MGM Studios’ The Addams Family. Starting Thursday, October 10, guests can purchase from The Addams Family menu, which includes four limited edition items, at participating BK locations across the United States. 

The spooky festivities aren’t out of character for Burger King. In the past, the brand has offered special items like the Ghost Pepper Whopper and the Ghost Pepper Chicken Fries around the holiday. 

Burger King started teasing fans on its Instagram in late September with posts hinting at the special Halloween drop.

“Halloween holds a special place in our brand’s history, and we know our Guests look forward to seeing what delicious and kooky creations we come up with each year,” Pat O’Toole, Chief Marketing Officer of Burger King North America, said in a press release. “We know The Addams Family also has an affinity for the scarier things in life, so we’re excited to offer fans not one, but four new takes on their favorite BK products this Halloween season with these Addams Family-inspired creations.

What’s on The Addams Family menu?

The new menu includes four character-inspired items: 

• Wednesday’s Whopper: An iconic Whopper served with Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, ketchup, and mayonnaise. 
  • Thing’s Rings: Burger King’s signature crispy onion rings. 
  • Gomez’s Churro Fries: Fried churros coated in cinnamon sugar and served with a melted chocolate dipping sauce. 
  • Morticia’s Kooky Chocolate Shake: Soft-serve ice cream mixed with chocolate cake batter fudge and topped with black and purple cookie crumbles. 

And it isn’t just the product names that have been reimagined, Burger King also reinvented each item visually. Whether it be the purple potato bun on Wednesday’s Whopper or Morticia’s portrait on the shake cup, there are plenty of unique Easter eggs to discover on the new menu. There’s even a new Burger King crown that features all of the characters from the animated series, so you can enjoy your meal in style. 

What else does Burger King have in store?

Burger King isn’t stopping at just food, however. The chain is continuing the Halloween celebrations with new kids’ meal toys and a BK costume. According to the press release, BK is releasing a limited-edition line of King Jr. Meals toys inspired by characters from The Addams Family animated series. The chain’s Halloween costume, a Chicken Fries outfit, is currently available for purchase for only $19.45 — a price in honor of the brand’s founding 70 years ago.

Long story short, it’s easy to say that there’s something for every Burger King lover this Halloween season.

Emma is member of the Spoon University National Writers Program. She enjoys writing about anything and everything from food trends on social media to the latest fast food drop.  Outside of Spoon U, Emma is a senior Communication and Media Studies major at Pace University. There, she is the president of Her Campus at Pace and a writer for the school paper, the Pace Press. Emma is also an honors college student who will be completing her senior thesis in the coming year. She is graduating a year early in May of 2025.  In her free time, Emma can frequently be found cafe-hopping around NYC on the hunt for the best oat milk cappuccino. She loves to try new ice cream places and is always happy to lay back, watch a movie, and eat some good Chinese food. Most of all, Emma loves a good charcuterie spread (because who doesn't), and her dream job would be professional cheese pairing.