Every time I find myself in the grocery store looking for a snack, I venture over to the granola bars to see which looks best and is still healthy. After carefully browsing the aisles and reading labels for fifteen minutes, I always find that most of these bars seem healthy, but in reality they are packed with sugar, additives, and lack healthy fats.

I went on a quest to create a granola bar that would taste good, be good for you, and that everyone could make. This recipe leaves you with a granola bar that is full of vitamins and minerals, has plenty of good fats and protein, is low in sugar, and (most importantly) tastes amazing.

Grain-Free Granola Bars

• Cook Time:0

• 1 cup almonds
  • 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
chocolate
Julia Muro

Pulse the almonds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds in a food processor.

coffee, cereal, espresso, cappuccino
    Julia Muro

Put the almonds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl and add the shredded coconut, cinnamon, and salt to the mix.

Heat the almond butter, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla until it is melted and fully mixed.

soup
    Julia Muro

Pour the hot mix into the dry ingredients and mix until a dough-like texture is formed.

milk, chocolate, sweet, cream
    Julia Muro

Mix in the chocolate chips.

Put the mixture into an 8x8 inch pan that is lined with parchment paper.

cake, bread
    Julia Muro

Take another sheet of parchment paper and place it on top of the granola. Take a mason jar or glass and press down on the parchment paper so the top of the granola bars are flat and smooth.

bread, flour, dough, wheat
    Julia Muro

Refrigerate the bars for an hour and then cut them.

Julia Muro