Pancakes are a staple in everyone's favorite foods. When opting to make them, more often than not, there's leftover pancake mix. While most of us would be tempted to eat the leftover mix, there are those who are into re-purposing things. Those kind of people might ask themselves what are the things to make with pancake mix that aren't pancakes, and that's where these recipes come in.

1. Chocolate Chip Cookies

pastry, goody, cake, sweet, cookie, chocolate
Alyson Kay

Chocolate chip cookies are love, life, and a classic. Sometimes, you run out of cookie mix. But you are able to substitute pancake mix for cookie mix in this recipe.

2. Bacon Pancake Dippers

banana, syrup, crepe, chocolate, pancake
Caroline Grew

Basically bacon pancake dippers are bacon covered in pancake mix and then dipped in syrup. The recipe for these bad boys can be found here.

3. Chocolate Brownie Cookies

'Cause nothing can beat a brookie ( brownie + cookie) , except maybe making it with a pancake mix? This ooey gooey chocolate brownie cookie is not a double threat, but a triple threat. It has mix of a brownie, cookie and pancake.

4. Funnel Cake

Funnel Cakes are the best carnival treat. So, imagine making one at home with a basic buttermilk pancake mix, topped off with powdered sugar of course. 

5.  Blueberry Jam Cake

cream, milk, ice
Maxwell Faucher

When you are craving something sweet for breakfast you can whip up a Blueberry Jam Cake in just a few minutes. It is easy to make and even easier to polish off. 

6. Bacon Scones 

The balance of sweet and savory is always the perfect combination. This is the case with these bacon scones, which are the ultimate snack to munch on. If you are trying to be a little healthy you can even make them with a gluten free pancake mix. 

7. Banana Bread 

I don't know anybody who doesn't love banana bread. But baking it with pancake mix just makes it even more convenient. To take it up a notch you can add chocolate chips, walnuts or any other topping of your choice.

8. Carrot Cake

Carrot Cake is the only form in which I will ever touch a carrot. So, next time you need to make this real quick, you can try it with a pancake mix. The sponginess of the cake and creaminess of the frosting will remain the same, I promise. 

9. Double Chocolate Banana Brownies

For this recipe you will need a chocolate chip pancake mix. Once you have that you can get bakin' Double Chocolate Banana Brownies that are soft in the center and crispy on the outside. 

So, the next time you have a ton of leftover pancake mix, don't be a bore and lick it (that's actually kinda gross). Instead, re-purpose it and refer to this list of things to make with pancake mix. Do that and you will be able to create some dope sweet and savory treats.