When it comes to ordering food, I wholeheartedly believe it is crucial to see what it looks like before you order it. Therefore, Revival Food Hall is the absolute perfect place for me, being able to see all of my options being eaten around me before ordering. Deciding what to get will definitely be tough, but you'll see as you wander around that you can't make a bad choice when it comes to ordering here.

coffee, beer
Izzi Weiss

Chicago specializes in delicious, local restaurants, and some genius decided to put 15 amazing Chi-town culinary options under the roof of the historic National Building in the heart of Chicago's Loop. The local vendor stalls are located in a 24,000-square-foot, trendy food hall that seemingly every professional has been flocking to at lunch time since its opening in 2016. 

Each stall at Revival Food Hall has a unique specialty that has put them on Chicago's culinary map for being both delicious and responsibly sourced, and for that reason these vendors were invited to serve their food in this elite food hall.

With that, here are Revival's 15 food stalls and their specialties, but beware, you will find yourself craving each and every one of these hot-spots by the end of this article.

1. Aloha Poke

Aloha Poke brought the poke trend to the city of Chicago and now serves up this Hawaiian sushi bowl with marinated fish and toppings over rice or greens everyday at Revival. This build-your-own creation allows the customer to create their ideal lunch all inside of one bowl, choosing the size, the kind of fish, the base, the toppings, and the sauce. Amazing, I know.

2. Antique Taco Chiquito

Antique Taco Chiquito combines two of my favorite things: the Midwest and Mexican food. Antique Taco is a Midwest-Mexican style restaurant that serves traditional yet unique tacos, baskets, and sides. The "farmer's market-style" food tastes as fresh as it looks, and luckily for any picky eaters in the house, there is, in fact, a kid's menu.  

3. Black Dog Gelato

Black Dog Gelato puts its own modern twist on traditional gelato. Mixing the least likely of combinations into unique flavors has put Black Dog on the map as one of Chicago's best gelaterias. Made from scratch and in small quantities, the renowned gelato was listed in TimeOut Chicago's 100 Best Things We Ate This Year and is definitely the go-to spot if you are craving a sweet treat at Revival.

4. Brown Bag Seafood Co.

Brown Bag Seafood Co. brings accessible, quick, and delicious seafood to the Midwest. According to Chicago locals, both the Veggiebox, fish served over greens, and the Powerbox, fish served over grains, are must-tries on the Brown Bag menu. And, as if it isn't already obvious, everything must be accompanied by the truffle Parmesan tater tots, no questions asked.

5. The Budlong

The Budlong's Nashville fried chicken is the city's newest love. If being written up by the Chicago TribuneChicago Eater, and Time Out naming them as Chicago's #1 Best Fried Chicken isn't reason enough to try The Budlong, then I promise biting into this locally-sourced chicken speaks for itself. Definitely go for the tenders, or, if you're looking to get your fingers messy, order a 1/4 chicken for the full Budlong experience.

6. Danke

Danke is one of Chicago's acclaimed charcuterie and cheese restaurants. With their house-made bread, cheeses, and cured meats, the sandwiches and spreads definitely live up to the restaurant's name.

If you are struggling to decide what to order off their menu where every item looks just as great as the next, I highly suggest ordering the grilled cheese with pickles served on the most buttery and delicious grilled sourdough you will ever have. This sandwich is truly life-changing, and I can't recommend it highly enough. 

7. Farmer's Fridge

Farmer's Fridge began with the idea of making fresh and healthy food accessible through the vehicle of vending machines. Brilliant, right?

These vending machines hold jars of salads, breakfasts and snacks, creating a grab-and-go, healthy option for people looking to get quality food in a hurry. With 40 locations throughout the city, these gourmet vending machines have most definitely taken off in Chicago.

At Revival, Farmer's Fridge takes their ideas out of the packaged jar. This location uses more of a restaurant model, where people can step up to the glass and order a fresh salad or piece of ridiculously tasty toast. Their creative simplicity makes Farmer's Fridge one of the best new ideas in Chicago. Cool, I know.

8. The Fat Shallot

The Fat Shallot began as an infamous food truck, catering events all over the city with their addictively delicious sandwiches. Trust me, these guys have a devoted following.

At Revival, The Fat Shallot serves up four sandwiches and a fresh salad each day. Though some of the menu items are offered at both locations, there are some specialty items made just for Revival. One of these options: the truffle BLT. This Fat Shallot must-try is everything you want in your BLT and more. I mean, who in the world could say no to bacon, lettuce, and tomato on truffle toast? I'll answer that one: nobody. 

9. Furious Spoon

Furious Spoon serves Tokyo-style ramen to hundreds of customers each day, satisfying the needs of those ramen-crazed members of Chicago's food scene. 

As the first homemade ramen shop in Chicago, Furious Spoon has taken the city by storm. They offer four base options: vegetable, shoyu, miso, and furious (spicy miso base), and allow the customer to add meats and vegetables as toppings. They also offer other house-made Asian sides, such as gyoza and rice bowls making Furious Spoon a Revival must-try.

10. Graze Kitchenette

Graze Kitchenette specializes in "bowls and burgers." Yes, that means grass-fed beef burgers and plant-based smoothie bowls. A seemingly random combination, but definitely a must-try menu. Known for their high-quality beef burgers, Graze has been raved about in the Chicago Tribune, claiming Chicago foodies can't get enough of their brioche buns.

Graze Kitchenette also serves up egg sandwiches for breakfast alongside their all-natural smoothie bowls. The diverse menu of meats and cheeses vs. fresh fruits and vegetables gives the customer countless options to make their Graze experience truly their own.

11. Harvest Juicery

Harvest Juicery is the ultimate combination between a juice bar and a wellness shop. Offering juice, nut milk, and made-to-order smoothies, Harvest Juicery has you covered regardless of what you have an appetite for. As the "modern day milkman" of cold pressed juice, Harvest Juicery charmed Chicago's juice-loving foodies, who embraced HJ at Revival with open arms and even longer lines.

12. Hot Chocolate Revival Bakery

What is a food hall without a bakery? Nothing. Revival's very own Hot Chocolate Bakery is run by award-winning pastry chef Mindy Segal, owner of Mindy's Hot Chocolate. Locals: you know that means this bakery is a must-try. 

The bakery offers coffee, decadent hot chocolates, and, of course, both sweet and savory baked goods for breakfast, lunch, and snacks all day. Whether your morning needs a decadent chocolate croissant or a simple slice of quiche, the Hot Chocolate Revival Bakery definitely has you covered, especially if you are in the mood for some out of this world hot chocolate.

13. Revival Cafe & Bar

The Revival Cafe & Bar serves as the perfect quick stop if you need a cup of coffee or a latte before a meeting or if you are looking to stay awhile and have a drink with some friends from work. The bar has you covered for anything liquid, offering a variety of juice, tea, coffee, beer and wine.

Although every other vendor closes at 7 pm, you can stay at the Revival Cafe & Bar until 9 pm if you just aren't quite ready to leave this legendary food hall. 

14. Smoque BBQ

As featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, Smoque BBQ has been one of Chicago's leading barbecue joints since its opening in 2006. The meats are smoked onsite and offer the flavors of a down-south meal in the city of Chicago. Offering a variety of sauces, you can't go wrong with the brisket and pork. And, as if an amazing pulled pork sandwich wasn't enough, the sides of mac n' cheese, baked beans, and coleslaw take Smoque BBQ to the ultimate next level.

15. Union Squared

Instagram photo by Union Pizzeria

unionpizza on Instagram

Union Squared serves Neapolitan-style pizza, with thick crispy crusts. The menu features four pizza options: meat, cheese, veggie, and a pizza of the day. You can get an entire pizza if you're looking to make some friends in the office or bring it home for your family, or just grab a slice on the go. You can't go wrong with cheese or pepperoni, or throw some veggies on there if you're feeling healthy

All 15 of the amazing options above make up a decadent and magical food hall within Chicago's Loop. Your meal at Revival will be equally as enticing as the experience, and you'll make it a regular stop on your to-do list. Make sure you go before or after the lunch rush, because the Revival Food Hall is Chicago's hottest lunch spot this year.

So, with that, happy eating, and enjoy this revolutionary new food hall.