Located on Kittredge between Shattuck and Oxford, Tasty Pot, a hot pot specialty restaurant known for its individual pots, has become the new go-to place for hot pot in Berkeley. After its soft opening on February 28, Tasty Pot has only grown more popular since.

Hot Pot

Photo by Jonathan Hsu

The cold weather makes Tasty Pot the perfect place to enjoy some hot soup. Although its popularity makes it difficult to get a table during weekends without a wait, it’s definitely worth it once you taste the food.

Hot Pot

Photo by Jonathan Hsu

Much like SoCal’s Boiling Point, Tasty Pot features a simple menu with 12 flavors for the individual-sized pots, some add-ons, several drinks, and a couple dessert choices.

The pot itself is placed on a uniquely designed stand that allows the pot to stay “hot.” A fire is lit at the base of the stand that supports the pot. The non-meat add-ons and vermicelli are cooked on the table, allowing for an interactive dining experience.

Hot Pot

Photo by Jonathan Hsu

You can also pick how spicy you want your broth to be, from not at all to flaming spicy.

Tasty Pot is also one of the only places, if not the only place, in Berkeley that serves macaron ice cream sandwiches. The other option for dessert is a waffle ice cream sandwich, which might just be the next it-dessert. It also features an extensive drink menu, featuring boba and a variety of teas.

Hot Pot

Photo by Jonathan Hsu

Next time you’re looking for your hot pot fix or just looking for something new, try one of Tasty Pot’s recommendations: Beef Hot Soup, Lamb Hot Soup, Stinky Tofu Hot Soup, or Taiwanese Supreme Hot Soup (really really good if you’re into spicy food).

If that isn’t enough, according to Yelp, some of the waiters even look like actors. (We’ll let you be the judge of this one.)