Whenever people ask me where I'm from, I proudly rep my city of Chicago, home of the Cubs and deep dish pizza. But the truth is, I'm not exactly a city girl and know the suburbs the best. Even though I came to LA for the sun and endless supply of açaí bowls, there definitely are places to find that back in the North Shore. Here are some of the best juice bars you can find in the suburbs of my favorite city. 

1. Peeled Juice Bar in Evanston

chocolate, strawberry, rice, sweet
Fiona Zhang

A cute little juice bar not far from the Metra train station, Peeled is definitely a favorite of mine. Even though it's a juice bar, I always go for the açaí bowls because they're gorgeous, satisfying, and refreshingly delicious. I've driven to Peeled in snow and single-digit degree weather to get an açaí bowl. They're that good. 

2. Mingle Juice Bar in Glenview 

Mingle is a small juice bar located in Glenview's Glen Town Center that serves juice, smoothies, and acai bowls, along with juice cleanse packages at different levels that you can follow. They also serve seasonal items that keep the menu interesting and festive, such as pumpkin spice smoothie bowls, s'mores bowls, and unicorn hot chocolate to name a few. 

3. True Juice in Winnetka and Highland Park

True Juice's menu of smoothies and juices is nothing but impressive, offering a different smoothie for any kind of mood you're in. Whether you want something full of greens, a fruity smoothie, or more of a chocolate-y treat (my favorite), True Juice knows how to deliver. They also serve bottled juices and salads if you're looking for something super quick and on-the-go. 

4. LF Juice in Lake Forest

LF Juice strives to help each customer become the best version of themselves by serving fresh and organic drinks, bowls, and vegan-friendly treats. Along with the usual juice bar menu items, LF Juice offers chia bowls and creme de la creme desserts. With so many extra add-on options available, there are so many ways to enhance your health and your drinks here. 

There's something about juice and acai bowls that make me feel happy and refreshed, and it's nice knowing that even when I come back to the suburbs from my school in LA, there still are places for me to find them. Chicago's North Shore has so much to offer, and the juice bars available outside of the city help prove just that.