The smoothie bowl. Sounds simple, right? But anyone who’s set out to find the best açaí bowl knows it can be such a struggle finding the perfect blend. I’ve created a list of the best açaí places in Chicago. Whether you’re a local or traveling through, nothing’s more welcoming than a nice açaí bowl.

Açaí

Photo courtesy of @peeledjuicebar on Instagram

1. HI-VIBE

Açaí

Photo courtesy of @HIVIBECHI on Instagram

HI-VIBE is an urban superfood juicery, committed to providing its customers the highest quality organic ingredients. Their menu consists of organic cold-pressed juices, açaí and pitaya bowls, superfood smoothies, and Bulletproof coffee.

When choosing a bowl, you have the choice between açaí or pitaya bowls blended with fresh-pressed apple, banana, and honey, topped with raw HI-VIBE granola, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, bee pollen, shredded coconut, sprouted gourmet nut butter and fresh seasonal fruit.

2. Peeled Juice Bar

Açaí

Peeled is more than just a juice bar, serving up smoothies, juices, boosters, açaí bowls, and homemade Kombucha (another growing trend). Peeled has created a sense of community and follow the motto of: “It’s what we live by. It’s what we juice by.”

My favorite bowl is the Power Pack: açaí, banana, strawberry, almond butter, hemp protein, almond milk, guarana topped with organic house made granola, hemp hearts, bee pollen, raw honey.

3. 24Karrots

Açaí

Photo courtesy of @yelp on Instagram

The 24 Karrots’ family consists of 3 generations of juicers. On the menu: natural, cold-pressed juices, smoothies, salads, wraps, açaí bowls and organic baby food. Their affordable prices have allowed it to maintain it’s fanbase in Chicago.

4. Protein Bar

Açaí

Photo courtesy of @proteinbar on Instagram

Protein Bar is a growing chain across the United States. If you aren’t in Chicago, no worries, this chain has various locations. Their motto: WE DO HEALTHY…TASTIER.”

My favorite is the Wrigley Peeled Bowl: Chocolate protein, almond milk, organic peanut butter, banana, and organic agave nectar.

5. FruVe

Açaí

Photo courtesy of @FRUVE_XPRESS on Instagram

FruVe is well known in the city for their juice cleanse program. The popularity stems from them personalizing every cleanse program to suit any individuals needs, but they also make great açaí bowls. FruVe’s bowls are incredibly fresh and delicious.

My personal favorite the is the “balanceaçaí bowl,” which is made up of açaí, mixed berries, banana, maca cacao, and almond milk, topped with granola, banana, strawberries, cacao nibs, hemp seeds, coconut, and coconut flakes.

Açaí

And, the best thing about eating anaçaí bowl, is that you can eat the whole thing without feeling guilty.