With the sun shining in Dallas and summer quickly approaching, everyone's scrambling to get their summer bods ready for bikini season. While exercising is half of the battle, eating whole, healthy foods will really help you drop those pounds and get those instagrammable abs. 

With Tex-Mex, Barbecue, and fast food around every corner, eating healthy can be a challenge. So, if you're trying to get that summer bod or are just trying to eat healthier, here's our list of the best healthy restaurants in Dallas. 

1. True Foods Kitchen

kale, salmon, spinach
Kailey Goerlitz

True Food Kitchen is a healthy restaurant with a seasonal menu that features gluten-free all organic foods with vegetarian and vegan options. Some of their fresh options include ancient grains bowls, kale salads, and flat bread pizzas. Don't forget to accompany your meal with one of their specialty crafted fruit drinks like cherry chia limeade. 

2. Zoe's Kitchen

chicken, cheese, hummus, salad
Kailey Goerlitz

Another great healthy option close to campus is Zoe's Kitchen in Snider Plaza. Zoe's Kitchen features fresh mediterranean-inspired food with hummus, salads, skewers, and pita wraps. If you're in a hurry, Zoe's also has on-the-go lunch packs with hummus, pita bread, and veggies for a quick bite to eat. 

3. Pōk the Raw Bar

pepper, vegetable, salad
Nicole Cohen

Pōk the Raw Bar in West Village is the hot spot for poke in Dallas. Their healthy poke bowls are entirely gluten free and their seafood is flown in daily. You can't miss out on the spicy yuzu salmon bowl, but if you don't like fish, don't worry, they even have a tofu option. Craving sushi? Stop by their raw bar for Chef Jimmy Park's takes on technical nigiri or mix it up with a spicy tuna burger. 

4. Sundown at Granada

bacon, turkey, cheese, sandwich
Abby Helme

Before heading out to OT or Rose, stop by Sundown at Granada in Lower Greenville for a healthy bite to eat. Sundown at Granada is a neighborhood beer garden and farm-to-table restaurant with a large patio for those summer nights. Their menu has unique items like shiner bock brisket bites, loaded avocados, and their hammered goat cheese flatbread. Don't miss out on Sundown at Granada for a healthy twist on traditional bar foods. 

5. HG Supply Co. 

HG Supply Co. is the perfect spot for a healthy brunch with their rooftop bar overlooking Dallas. They serve natural, healthy  foods with items like vegan chips and queso, huevos rancheros, and their famous house bowls. Looking for a boozy brunch? Don't worry they offer healthy-ish cocktails with beet-infused tequila and twisted fresh pressed juices.

6. Flowerchild

arugula, quinoa, salmon, salad
Kailey Goerlitz

Dallas' newest healthy spot is Flowerchild in Inwood Village. With marble table tops, rainbow murals, and yoga mat parking, Flowerchild is one of the most Instagrammable restaurants in Dallas. Oh yeah, they're food's delicious too. Using locally sourced produce, their food is always cooked fresh and served quickly. Try out one of their bowls like the Mother Earth or mix and match different items to create your own. Don't skip out on their yummy roasted sweet potatoes, hummus, and guilt-free gluten-free mac n' cheese

7. Verts Mediterranean Grill

Right on SMU Blvd., Verts is the Chipotle of Mediterranean food. With options like build-your-own pita, salad, or rice bowl, you'll have a quick, balanced meal of lean meats and fresh veggie options. Most of their meals are under 600 calories and you can't miss out on their fresh tzatziki and pita chips to compliment your meal. 

With summer quickly approaching, it's time to start eating healthy to get ready for bikini season. While Dallas offers some not so healthy options (hello tex-mex), there's also plenty of restaurants with fresh, wholesome choices. So instead of heading to get some queso in the upcoming weeks, try something a tad healthier.