Aldi. Have you heard of it? It's amazing. And I love it for being exactly what it is. It's not glam. There are zero no-frills. But hot damn, the prices simply can't be beat.
#SpoonTip: Some people think Trader Joe's and Aldi are owned by the same company. As a former Trader Joe's employee, I can attest that they are not owned by same company, but both totally awesome for different reasons.
1. I'm more than willing to deposit a quarter to use a cart, because I am about to save SO MUCH MONEY.
2. I'm also happy I brought my own bags. The fact that Aldi makes you pay $0.05 for each bag may annoy some, but the charge encourages people to remember bags, and is way-more eco friendly. Such forward thinking. Basically, I feel like I'm saving the planet rn.
3. I don't even care that the ambiance is slightly depressing and makes me feel like I'm in a poorly-lit prison because Aldi is still the greatest place on earth.
4. Holy shit. Like, how is this price even possible?
5. Why don't more people shop here? This is amazing.
6. Actually, let's keep it that way. The less people in my Aldi, the better.
7. Cereal for under $1.50? Are you f*cking kidding me? Like how do they do it.
8. I am going to buy ALL of the baking staples here.
9. I'm mildly sketched out that the produce isn't in a cooler, but let's be real, at these prices, I give zero fucks.
11. When they try to look like name-brands it's so cute I can hardly stand it.
12. This is a European chain. I feel very Euro-chic right now.
13. I have no need for this special coffee cake mix and I have like eight mixes to use at home, but I'm mildly intrigued, and since it might not be here next time, I should probably just get it.
14. That awkward moment when a name brand pops up among the Aldi brands and you're like oh heyyyy.
15. I have no idea why there are sparkly Snuggies and light-up lawn decorations here, but you know what, maybe I really do need a Snuggie. And this glowing gnome could really accent my lawn.
16. Okay seriously, how do they do this? Avocados for $0.79? Pinch me.
17. But really, I feel like I'm stealing.
18. I'm not stealing though right? Even if this whole bag of chia seeds is only $1.69.
19. Okay but really why don't more people shop here?
20. I really do not need this giant bag of pretzels at all, but it's so cheap I'd be kinda stupid NOT to buy it.
21. There may be only one register open and zero help bagging, but I DGAF.
23. Not thirsty, but at $0.49, sure, I'll throw in a sparkling water.
24. Omg omg it's almost my turn to check out. I love how fast they are.
25. And the fact that they pay their employees decently makes me feel good spending my money here.
26. Well, I got everything, AND MORE, for such good prices!
27. I cannot wait to brag about all these deals to my friends and family. Would it be obnoxious to post a pic of my receipt to Facebook?
29. Much satisfied. Many happies. Until next time, Aldi.