I don’t know about you, but for me, when it comes to finding fresh fruits and vegetables on the Umich campus, it becomes an overwhelming struggle. With the weather quickly cooling down, the produce selections are just heating up. Knowing this, I made it my mission to find some in-season Ann Arbor produce pronto, because we all know it’s simply irresistible. So many people have recommended Produce Station as the place to go to fulfill my task, so obviously I decided it was time to make the trip. And boy am I thankful that I did. Just a short drive off campus lies this hidden gem, and you are sure to find the most beautiful produce you ever did see, guaranteed.

Right now is the perfect time to make the trip for fall favorites that are in season. Here’s what you should look for:

Apples:

produce

Photo by Annie Madole

Apple lovers rejoice, because it is officially apple harvest season! Whether you like them sweet or just a little bit tart, apples are almost always a satisfying treat. Eat them raw with some peanut butter, slice them into your salad or bake them into a delicious pie- no matter how you prefer to enjoy them, now is the time. Check out this recipe for an apple cheddar pancake bake.

Tomatoes:

produce

Photo by Annie Madole

With the hefty selection of tomatoes varieties out there, you absolutely cannot go wrong with any of them. There is nothing like a sweet and juicy tomato, whether it is blended together into a delicious gazpacho, or an added accessory to your bagel with lox. Produce Station features some of the most beautiful Michigan-grown tomatoes that you seriously can’t pass up.
Side note: Did you know that tomatoes are, like, really good for your skin? Eat up!

Corn:

produce

Photo by Annie Madole

Right now is probably one of the best times to eat corn. BBQ season is still going strong (hint: football tailgates), it’s might be just the perfect time to enjoy corn, while it is still deliciously sweet. Produce Station has stacks of cornhusks piled high, so there is literally no excuse not to snatch a few while they’re still good. Plus, there are tons of recipes you can make with them- think: Mexican corn salad. Or if you like to keep it on the cob, at least spice things up.

Peaches:

produce

Photo by Annie Madole

Peaches are probably my favorite fruit, so nothing makes me happier than seeing a basket of perfectly ripe ones right in front of my face. There are endless possibilities with these babies, whether you choose to enjoy them on their own, bake them into a cobbler, or spice them up in a zesty salsa. Produce Station’s variety right now is second to none, so I suggest you stop what you’re doing right now and go get some.

produce

Photo by Annie Madole

Another enticing perk about Produce Station is their fully-loaded salad bar and widespread selection of prepared food. If you’re in the mood for something “homemade,” but don’t really feel like spending the time preparing it, there is a huge range of refrigerated options there that simply need to be heated up, and then they’re ready. Dreams do come true.

nike free 7.0 trainer