For whatever reason it may be, from celiac's disease to just wanting to eat healthier, many people are attempting to go gluten-free and grain-free. From experience, I can say that no matter how much I tell myself that I don't want to eat that roll, I still do. When the carb cravings hit, they're hard to ignore, but, thankfully, grain free bread recipes can be found everywhere nowadays. 

To clarify, eating grain-free is more than just eliminating wheat from your diet. In order to be truly grain-free, you must cut out wheat, rice, corn, barley, and oats. Therefore, some common substitutes for grains are quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, nut flours, and coconut flour

Whether you're just trying out eating grain-free and need to ease into the idea or you've been at it for a while and want to taste bread again, these grain free bread recipes will give you a variety of options from sweet to savory. 

1. Nut Butter Bread

sandwich, cake
Emily Fluet

This recipe is super straightforward and only requires five ingredients. If you're new to the baking world, this is where to start. Since it's so simple, you can take it to the next level with a range of additions. From olives to Nutella to blueberries, the world is your oyster when it comes to this bread.

2. Pão de Queijo 

flour, dairy product, cake, cookie, candy, dough, bread, pastry, sweet
Alina Polishuk

Fear not picky eaters, the name of these tasty morsels may be complicated, but their flavor is just plain delicious. This recipe uses tapioca flour, a starch extracted from cassava root, that you may recognize from those pearls in your bubble tea

3. Coconut Flour Banana Bread

Coconut flour is the star of the show in this recipe. It adds another dimension to the banana flavor and perfectly complements the chocolate chips. I'd even go so far as to argue it's even more dense and moist (and much healthier) than your grandma's famous banana bread

4. Cloud Bread

bread, wheat, sweet, pastry
Stephanie Schoenster

It's fitting that this recipe comes in at number four on the list because it only takes four ingredients to make (including spices). These fluffy slices can be flavored with different spices and are perfect for low-carb wraps and flatbread sandwiches, or eaten fresh out of the oven. 

5. Microwave Paleo Bread

Somehow, these recipes just keep getting easier and easier. This recipe can be made in under two minutes. It's the perfect alternative to keep you from reaching for that slice of white bread that has almost no nutritional value. Almond flour adds protein that will keep you full long after your lunch break ends. 

6. Grain-Free Sweet Potato Flatbread

The sweet potato in this recipe makes the bread incredibly moist, dense, and satisfying. The rosemary and thyme lend savory flavor to the sweet potato, creating the perfect balance. It's especially delicious when paired with hummus or dipped in tomato soup

7. Flourless Chocolate Cake

buckwheat, cereal
 Daniel Mayer

It's about time for a more decadent "bread" recipe. This flourless chocolate cake is gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free, and thus, guilt-free. Try topping it with ice cream, fruit, or nuts for dessert. Or, if your sweet tooth is strong around breakfast, try slicing this cake thin and covering it with nut butter or your favorite fruit spread

8. Grain-Free Sandwich Bread

This recipe will bring you back to the basics. If you're looking to change as little as possible about your daily lunch routine, you can just switch out a slice of this paleo-approved loaf for your usual sandwich bread. It contains no grain, gluten, yeast, or dairy, and it's  denser than normal bread, so it can stand up to lots of toppings

9. Herbed Focaccia Bread

Focaccia, with its light texture, bold Italian flavors, and olive oil finish, is by far my favorite type of bread. It's extremely versatile, but I personally love to dip it in soup. This recipe brings coconut to the party, which surprisingly complements the savory herbs and olive oil really well. 

10. Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Coffee Cake

goody, candy, pastry, cake, sweet, chocolate, cookie
Alejandra Fernandez

I thought it would be best to end on a sweet note...

The great thing about this coffee cake recipe is that it's gluten-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free. In addition, it uses coconut oil instead of butter, which adds a lot of health benefits. To all those coffee cake lovers out there, this is your chance for a healthy breakfast without sacrificing your favorite flavors.

The best thing about the recent trend toward gluten-free and paleo eating is that it provides the rest of us, even if we're not completely dedicated to those diets, with a ton of grain free bread recipes. A lot of the time, they're simpler to make than traditional bread and happen to be way healthier as well.

You won't even miss the grains in these breads and you'll get extra health benefits from the substitute ingredients, like coconut oil and almond flour. Now go forth and make (and eat) bread to your heart's content.