Ah, the infamous trio: tequila, lime, and salt. Don't pretend that on your best friend's birthday you didn't whip out what you wish was Patrón, but was really some $8 sh*t. Then you wake up the next morning with an empty tequila bottle and a terrible hangover. Eventually, that infamous graduation day will come and the party will be over and you're not going to want to stop drinking tequila. Here are some very classy and adult ways to drink our favorite hard liquor.

1. Over Ice

alcohol, tea, ice
Julia Murphy

Now this might be pretty straightforward and, to say the least, a little budget and lacking in the creativity department, but it never fails. This is perfect for when you're trying not to add the extra calories of margarita mix or sugary sodas. After all, everyone knows tequila is the alcohol to stick with when you want to loose a few pounds. 

2. Cider & Tequila 

apple, cocktail, ice, tea
Andrea Lim

Now this might sound a little out there, but trust me, it's a great combination. Take some fresh cider and your favorite brand of tequila for the perfect fall beverage. Maybe throw in an apple slice, too.

3. Tequila Sunrise Mimosa

champagne, juice, cocktail
Connor Howe

A simple blend of pineapple juice, orange juice, and tequila that's sure to top of any breakfast. You might want to employ this one over the holidays to make those family breakfasts a little more bearable. 

4. Grapefruit Margarita      

honey, juice, apple
Natalie Van Brunt

This one is a little more simple. Just use half lime juice and half grape juice in any homemade margarita recipe. It cuts down on the acidity a little bit and gives a little extra flavor. 

5. Pineapple Lemonade 

cream, lemon, sweet, milk, yogurt
Kirby Barth

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade... with a kick! This one is super easy to make for anyone who can buy fruit.

6. Margarita Popsicles

citron, lemonade, sweet, citrus, lime, juice, lemon
Kristen Carlstrom

What could be better than a popsicle made of booze? The answer: nothing. This is the perfect treat for any summer day (after 5 pm of course). 

7. Ginger Beergarita 

sweet, iced tea, ice, tea
Elizabeth Snyder

Now, I don't know if you've ever been to a ratchet Mexican restaurant where they shove a Corona in your margarita, but this is not the same thing. With a heavenly blend of ginger, tequila, and lime on the rocks, you get the most satisfying cocktail. 

8. Breaking Bad Blue Margarita 

wine, water
Jesse Hayes

Just because the show is over doesn't mean we can't be nostalgic over our favorite guilty pleasure. What better way to do that with a (legal) vice! It might not give you the high we all need after a long day, but you will for sure get a kick out of drinking it. 

9. Watermelon Slush

watermelon, vodka, tequila, sweet, strawberry, juice, lime, ice, cocktail
Sammy Mintzer

Under 10-minute recipe anyone? I don't know about you, but I didn't take a mixology 101 in college so sometimes making drinks is a challenge. This quick, easy recipe is perfect for that Sunday BBQ, where you can have two uses for water melons.

10. Horny Bull

lemonade, soda, straw, alcohol, liquor, sweet, tea, iced tea, juice, cocktail, ice
Andrea Leelike

Simple, but perfect. A mixture of orange juice and a shot of tequila. Kiss your Sunday morning screwdriver goodbye and say hello to your new favorite drink!

11. Paloma 

mint, alcohol, berry, sweet, ice, juice, cocktail
Marissa Arnett

This is something you'll find at the club over break with your parents' snobby friends. Let me tell you, it's so prime I can't even. Paloma is the perfect mixer with any drink. Also, I'm sure it would make the best chaser because it's so citrusy.

12. The Perfect Margarita 

sweet, lemon, liquor, mint, lime, alcohol, juice, ice, cocktail
Katherine Richter

Believe me, I love the José Cuervo mix too, but we need to be classy sometimes. If you're looking for a killer recipe for margaritas, then this is the one for you. It's so easy to make and trust me, I'm about as inept as you can be in the kitchen. 

13. Tequila Neat

coffee, apple, ice, milk, beer, juice, cider, tea
Renee Chiu

If you can't stomach brandy, then you should try doing some tequila straight, no ice. Something nice to sip on after a long family dinner or during one of those grueling times where you're asked about where your life is going. 

We all know (some of us a little too well) the benefits and costs of drinking lots of tequila on a night out, but that doesn't mean you can't have your favorite liquor in a classy way. Hopefully, when that graduation day comes you can reference these 13 awesome ways to use your favorite booze.