If you're the kind of person who reads your horoscope every day, you're probably familiar with the different ways in which the month of your birth can impact your life. Will you find love or will you be single again on Christmas? Will you succeed in your job? Will you meet with an "unexpected surprise?" It's all in the stars.

Around the holidays, life can feel like a buffet of sweets. It's impossible to eat ALL the sugary delights presented to you, so here's a handy guide to help you decide which dessert is truly right for you.

Capricorn (December 22-January 19): Candy Canes

sweet, chocolate, candy
Margaret Weinberg

Capricorns are known to be hardworking and ambitious, as well as straightforward and loyal. During December, nothing works harder than a candy cane.

You can find them everywhere—on Christmas trees, being handed out by bell-ringing Salvation Army volunteers, and on store shelves ready to be consumed or transformed into another minty treat. Candy canes have been around for years and are unlikely to go anywhere anytime soon.

Aquarius (January 20-February 18): Eggnog Cupcake

The Aquarius sign is marked by an eccentric nature and a desire to be original. People with this star sign do their own thing, regardless of what others think.

Eggnog cupcakes are perfect for you because they look like normal vanilla cupcakes, but then you bite into one and BAM! Christmas in your mouth. Eggnog isn't for everyone, but it has some die-hard fans who maintain that it's the ultimate Christmas beverage.

Pisces (February 19-March 20): Yule Log

Ah, the Yule Log: beautiful in a simple way, artistic and classic, yet with endless varieties and ridiculously hard to make. Pisces traits include sensitivity, compassion, and intuition.

Like a Yule Log, Pisces are not flamboyant, but bring an instant cheer to any situation. Yule logs are "sensitive" since they can easily break at any point during the rolling process, so therefore must be handled with care.

Aries (March 21-April 19): Gingerbread

Ethan Cappello

Aries are bold leaders, always ready for an adventure. Only gingerbread is self-assured enough to match an Aries' headstrong personality.

With its distinctive cloves, cinnamon, and molasses flavors, gingerbread is unmistakable and its flavor takes over any plate. Gingerbread comes in all kinds and textures—cookies, houses, cakes, cupcakes, loaves, and even fudge. If that's not adventurous, nothing is. 

Taurus (April 20-May 20): Chocolate cookies

cake, peanut, chocolate
Kara Braith

What could be more solid and classic than a chocolate cookie? Like a Taurus, chocolate cookies are reliable and warm, instantly transporting anyone back to their childhood.

Every family has their own tried and true chocolate chip cookie recipe, but that doesn't mean they're boring. For some holiday flair, there are hot chocolate cookies, chocolate crinkles, and even chocolate gingersnaps.

Gemini (May 21-June 20): Fruitcake

Without a doubt, fruitcake is the most polarizing of all Christmas desserts. Vicious debates have ensued over whether the dense, moist texture of fruitcake is delicious or disgusting, and whether the combination of nuts and fruits (and, to be honest, ambiguous substances) is catastrophic or cohesive. But one thing on which everyone can agree is that fruitcake certainly has a lot going on.

Gemini are traditionally known for being high-energy, talkative, and somewhat inconsistent. Fruitcake is just busy enough to embody a Gemini. Plus, the two fruitcake "teams" (for and against) align with the twins of Gemini.

Cancer (June 21-July 22): Sugar cookies

candy, chocolate, cookie, gingerbread
Kara Braith
As a Cancer, you've probably been told that you're sensitive, emotional, and idealistic. Maybe a sugar cookie feels like an insult, but if you think about it, sugar cookies are the best. Everyone likes sugar cookies, they come in all shapes and flavors, and you can top them with any decorations you want. Sugar cookies have just the comfort and flexibility that a Cancer wants.

Leo (July 23-August 22): Peppermint Brownies

sprinkles, peppermint, brownie, cupcake, cream, chocolate
Roann Pao

Leos are something of a conundrum. They are generous and creative, but also hot-tempered and bossy. Sometimes, they can even manage to be both at once.

Peppermint brownies combine two very different elements, with intense sharpness from the mint, and richness from the chocolate brownies. Mint can be a "bossy" flavor that dominates everything else, but the warmth from the chocolate balances it perfectly. The combination of peppermint and chocolate is multidimensional enough to represent a Leo and satisfy a hungry stomach too.

Virgo (August 23-September 22): Red Velvet Cake

chocolate, birthday cake, cake
Kara Braith

Red velvet is one of my favorite things all year round, but the festive colors make it especially appropriate during Christmas.

Adjectives often applied to Virgos include: clever, modest, and analytical. Red velvet is relatively simple—cake with red food coloring and a cream cheese frosting—but nonetheless is often cited as a favorite birthday cake, and leaves many mystified about how the several tablespoons of cocoa powder somehow make this cake so much better than a vanilla cake.

Like a Virgo, this cake is far from extravagant, but is highly consistent, and the precise look of the red and white meld with a Virgo's attention to detail.

Libra (September 23-October 22): Fudge

chocolate
Kara Braith

Libras get along with everyone. They are known to be irresistible and charming. What's more irresistible than rich, chocolatey, smooth fudge?

Fudge is the epitome of Christmas candy. Like Libras, fudge can make anyone happy. On the other hand, fudge is the kind of thing that draws you in and doesn't let go until it's too late (i.e. when you've eaten a whole box and your stomach complains adamantly).

Scorpio (October 23-November 21): Mexican Hot Chocolate

sweet, mocha, hot chocolate, espresso, chocolate, cream, cappuccino, milk, coffee
Alex Kaneshiro

A Scorpio's name says it all. Scorpios are intense, determined, and forceful. They do not take no for an answer. Mexican hot chocolate looks like a normal mug of cocoa, until you take a sip and the chili powder hits you hard. Yet somehow, the combination of chocolate and spice is both delicious and memorable.

Chili and chocolate are a power couple, much like Beyonce and Jay-Z, Netflix and chill, or a Scorpio....and him/herself.

Sagittarius (November 22-December 21): Cranberry Orange Cookie

butter, blueberry, peanut, peanut butter, chocolate
Dannah Strauss

Sagittarius—last but certainly not least. The bright citrus notes from the orange and the cranberries bursting with flavor coincide perfectly with the positive, jovial, and sometimes reckless nature of a Sagittarius. With all the heavy and sweet flavors around Christmastime, it can be a relief to bite into a cookie with such light and fruity elements. Like a Sagittarius, these cookies pack an ever-so-pleasant punch.

If you've never had the dessert to which your sign matches you, try it out. You may find a new favorite. Of course, don't feel limited by the one option given here. Capricorns, you go ahead and eat that fruitcake. Cooperation among the signs makes the world go 'round. Happy baking and happy holidays!