If you have ever walked down the cracker aisle at the grocery store, I’m sure that you have noticed a block of Triscuits that might as well be The Great Wall of China. Nabisco has turned out countless flavor varieties of this cracker staple and choosing which brick from The Great Wall of Triscuits to pair with my late night fruit and cheese has become the most difficult grocery store decision I regularly make.

apple
Kayleigh Kearnan

I consider myself to be a triscuit connoisseur of sorts, so I decided to buy up the last few varieties available at my local grocery store that I had not yet tried and to rank the whole lot from worst flavor to best flavor. I did not include Original Triscuits, Hint of Salt, Reduced Fat (as I assumed that these two are pretty similar to the original), any of the brown rice varieties (so that the only variable was flavor), and I left out the Mediterranean Style Olive flavor because I really hate the taste of olives.

11. Ginger and Lemongrass

bread, cheese, toast, ham, sandwich
Kayleigh Kearnan

This flavor landed itself at the bottom of the list for basically just tasting like a plain Triscuit. Ginger and lemongrass is a great flavor combination, but it just doesn’t come through here. Plus, they’re so dry that I nearly choked on one.

10. Rye with Caraway Seeds

cheese, cake, cream, pizza
Kayleigh Kearnan

Again, this flavor was essentially a heartier tasting version of a plain Triscuit. Nothing to write home about.

9. Garden Herb

cheese, bread, sweet, cracker, dairy product
Kayleigh Kearnan

The garden herb flavor came through well, but I wasn’t the biggest fan of the taste. The flavor notes are onion, garlic, carrot, and parsley, and though they are strong, I don’t think the combination of carrot and parsley was quite what I was looking for from a garden herb cracker.

8. Roasted Garlic

bread
Kayleigh Kearnan

This flavor was a let-down, because I really do like garlic. The taste was really subtle, and garlic should be anything but subtle.

7. Dill and Sea Salt

Kayleigh Kearnan

The dill flavor is strong and refreshing — as long as you like dill, you will like these crackers. These would go well with fresh veggies.

6. Fig and Honey

bread, cheese, toast
Kayleigh Kearnan

Being the only truly sweet Triscuit flavor, I was excited about the fig and honey crackers – and they delivered. They are sweet but not overly so, and they would pair deliciously with some creamy goat cheese.

5. Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil

chocolate, sweet, cookie, candy, cream, cake
Kayleigh Kearnan

I’m not personally the hugest fan of pepper, but these are a classic and a crowd favorite so I had to give them due credit – put these out at a party by the shrimp cocktail and nobody will complain.

4. Rosemary and Olive Oil

bread, cracker, sweet
Kayleigh Kearnan

The rosemary crackers are incredibly fragrant and this translates into a powerful and fresh taste. They go really (really) well with cocktails.

3. Smoked Gouda

cheese, bread, dairy product, sweet
Kayleigh Kearnan

This was probably the strongest flavor of the lot. An initial smoky taste gives way to a powerful cheesy flavor. They’re so flavorful that I felt no need to pair them with anything.

2. Balsamic Vinegar and Basil

bread, vegetable
Kayleigh Kearnan

This flavor was definitely in the running for #1, but ultimately it fell to the beta position. Balsamic and basil is such a classic flavor combination but ultimately, the taste was a little too reserved.

1. Fire Roasted Tomato and Olive Oil

sweet, cheese, cream, bread, chocolate
Kayleigh Kearnan

Our winner is the fire roasted tomato and olive oil, as this is definitely the tastiest flavor with the widest appeal. This flavor is amazing with any and all cheese — my favorites to pair it with are the Sartori BellaVitano Gold and Sartori BellaVitano Merlot.

While this ranking may be completely subjective, there is one thing I know for certain — Triscuits beat Wheat Thins every time! #TeamTriscuit