Don’t you just love New York? I was born and raised in the great state of New York, and I have come to realize that New York definitely has it’s own take on food. Here are 21 realities you can relate to if you’ve lived in New York.
1. New York water is the best tasting water
It’s just a fact New York has the best water, which is why our bagels are so bomb.
2. You have high expectations for bagels
Speaking of bagels, New York puts the BAE in bagels. Check out where to find the best NY-style bagels.
3. You fold your pizza – because there’s no other way to eat pizza
4. You use the term “plain slice,” instead of “cheese”
I’ve never heard the term “cheese slice,” except when you’re ordering extra cheese. It’s almost as if we have our own language in NY.
5. Subway pizza is better than another states’ pizza because it’s from NY
Once again, there’s something in the water that makes NY pizza a lot better than any other place. And the pizza here is so good, even the rats are fighting for it.
6. And the pizza is so good even the box is made of pizza
Yes, New York comes up with some crazy things, but this pizza from Vinnie’s literally puts your pizza in a pizza box.
7. There’s no Central Perk
Yes, we all wish a lot of these restaurants existed, especially Central Perk Coffeehouse from Friends.
8. But there is the diner from Seinfeld
However, we do have the diner from Seinfeld still harbored in NYC, which might actually be the best diner in the state. And if you really want to feel like you’re in Seinfeld try ordering one of these.
9. You refuse to go to Starbucks because it doesn’t align with the “hipster life”
Since the whole hipster movement, little coffee shops have been popping up all over NYC.
10. Except when you have to use the restroom
Because Starbucks will forever be the cleanest and best place in NY to use the bathroom.
11. Brunch is your second career
On the weekends, restaurants only serve brunch, and it’s for a good reason. Who doesn’t love brunch?
12. It is perfectly acceptable to eat dinner at 11 pm
If you’re a late-night eater, you definitely belong in NYC because so many restaurants are open until midnight.
13. Shake Shack always trumps In-N-Out
Which do you think is better the East or West Coast burger joint? And may we recommend the Vanilla Shakes.
14. Seamless has become more popular than the Netflix app
15. You take advice on where to eat from a baby
Instagram is one of the best places to go for the next “food trend,” and one of my favorite Instagrammers that New Yorkers turn to is Foodbabyny. And if you’re not following them, you totally should.
16. Street food is actually a trend
On every New York street corner, you will most definitely find a food cart – trust me, they aren’t as sketchy as they seem. New York street food is actually delicious and definitely Instagram-able. good. And some of the best places can be found right around the corner.
17. And you can deep fry literally anything
Yes, in New York, you can pretty find anything to fry, including spaghetti and meatballs.
18. A farmer’s market is not only for fresh produce
19. When they say “everything’s bigger in Texas” and you’re like
20. There’s a restaurant for literally EVERYTHING
21. And eating around the world doesn’t mean a trip to Epcot
And let’s not forget that New York has literally any kind of cuisine imaginable.