Once you’ve upgraded to a kitchen, a whole new world of opportunities opens to you. It’s like going from riding your bike everywhere to finally having a car. Or like going from making this Apple Pie à la Dorm to making this Fruit Galette or these Mac n Cheese-Stuffed Ramen Burger Sliders.

When you decide to throw your next (or first) apartment party, you’re going to have to decide what kind of food you want to have. But you’re above setting out the half-eaten gallon jug of pretzels that your grandmother sent you and want to make something classy.

A general rule to stick to for party food is to keep the food small. Think small enough so that if you were to eat it, you could still talk to someone comfortably (but don’t, that’s bad manners). If you want to go beyond that though and have the best apartment food, here’s 15 Hors d’Oeuvres (not snacks, and not appetizers. Hors d’Oeuvres are classy AF) that will impress at your next party.

1. Salmon and Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites

Hors d'Oeuvres

Photo courtesy of Baker by Nature

There’s no doubt that if you whip out these suckers, people are gonna take some pictures. They’re beautiful, healthy, and tasty. Best of all, they’re pretty easy to make. Take note of the use of toothpicks; this makes it easy for people to eat the food without it being messy or risk spilling it on themselves.

2. Prosciutto-Wrapped Cheesy Figs

Hors d'Oeuvres

Photo courtesy of I Can Cook That

Now this one might seem a little weird because who even really eats figs ever, but I promise you, the combo of warm figs, crispy prosciutto, and melty cheese is a match made in heaven.

Instead of what the recipe says, you should cut the figs in half to make them easier to eat (remember, you want them small). Then stick the cheese in there before you bake it. Goat cheese and Brie work best, but Havarti or Provolone also work well.

3. Avocado English Muffin With Roasted Garlic and Prosciutto

Hors d'Oeuvres

Photo by Renee Chiu

Make the most of your ingredients and reuse the prosciutto from the wrapped figs in this recipe.

4. Basil, Cherry Tomato, and Mozzarella Skewers

Hors d'Oeuvres

Photo courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats

As you probably already knew, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil is another combo of ingredients that tastes amazing. Pretty much whatever you do with these is gonna be fire. Consider halving the mozz too to keep ’em small.

5. Steamed Teriyaki Chicken Buns

Hors d'Oeuvres

Photo by Max Faucher

Okay, you got me, this recipe goes a little past the find three ingredients that go great together and stick them with a toothpick rule. But these make a prime Hors d’Oeuvres option if you make them a little smaller… and put a toothpick in them.

6. Aebleskivers

Hors d'Oeuvres

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Aebleskivers are like a doughnut hole and a cream puff at the same time. They take some work, but you can also get aebleskiver mix online. As the recipe shows, they’re dope as an Hors d’Oeuvre because they’re small, and you can also fill them with multiple types of foods.

7. Chicken Parm Nuggets

Hors d'Oeuvres

Photo by Gina Marcucci

This might not be at the classy Hors d’Oeuvres level. But chicken parm, in dunkable size? How could I not include it?

8. Apricot, Goat Cheese, and Almond Bites

Hors d'Oeuvres

Photo by Aarthi Chezian

This is another great and simple ingredient combo that will fit right in with your fancy looking Hors d’Oeuvre set up.

9. Watermelon, Mint, and Feta on a Stick

Hors d'Oeuvres

Photo by Libby Perold

It really seems like foods that are red, white, and green, go well together. Instead of making the salad cut small watermelon cubes and feta squares. Then stick it with a toothpick and a piece of mint. For other sweeter options, think about putting bunches of fruit together like strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries.

10. Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries

Hors d'Oeuvres

Photo by Clare Beatty

It will take some work to hull all those strawberries, so instead cut them in half, pipe on the cheesecake, and use your toothpicks.

11. Doughnut Holes

Hors d'Oeuvres

Photo by Briana Jones

Skip the big doughnuts and just make these snackable bites. For less effort, buy some plain doughnut holes and set out a variety of dipping sauces for people to try. While you’re at it, take a look at this homemade doughnut recipe, and this Krispy Kreme doughnut recipe.

12. Mini Vegan Banana Popsicles

Hors d'Oeuvres

Photo by Kristine Mahan

Get crazy with the garnishes for this recipe. If you aren’t vegan, feel free to use regular yogurt.

13. Chocolate-Covered Fruit Treats

Hors d'Oeuvres

Photo by Justin Shannon

Super easy, yet delicious. You could go for the double dip by combining this and the banana popsicles above.

14. Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles

Hors d'Oeuvres

Photo by Emily Hu

I’ve been skeptical of the avocado for butter, or black bean for flour kind of substitutes, but no joke, these taste just as delicious as a straight chocolate truffle. They’re also really quick to make.

15. Good ol‘ Classic Cheese Plate

Hors d'Oeuvres

Photo by MaryRachel Bulkeley

A well-done cheese plate never disappoints, especially if you lay it out well and follow these rules to make it Instagram-worthy. It helps if you pre-cut everything so people don’t need to do it themselves, or you can just make the pairings yourself before people get there and stick them with a toothpick for even more simplicity.