Eggs, eggs the magical food. They're cheap, versatile, tasty, and should always have a place in your fridge (and heart). Although we're no stranger to eggs for breakfast and would never throw any shade on OG scrambled eggs, eggs can do so much more than you might think. 

If you're as obsessed as we are, take the Egg Challenge by posting your favorite egg recipe on Instagram or Twitter and tag #EggChallenge and #contest to win. Winners are announced every week, and you can win an entire year of eggs. More deets here

To get you going, we've put together 15 epic dishes that reach that next-level status, thanks only to eggs.

1. Twice-Baked Sausage, Egg and Cheese Baked Sweet Potato

toast, huevos rancheros, egg
Maddie Cole

When sweet potatoes make an appearance in your breakfast, you just feel a bit more evolved than everyone else. Meet the twice-baked sausage, egg and cheese sweet potato. Hash brown upgrade, for sure. 

2. BEC & Waffle Nachos 

egg, vegetable, pasta, salad
Phoebe Melnick

Settling for a bed of tortilla chips is no longer even an option with these jalapeño, egg waffle nachos.

3. Classic Shakshuka

fried egg, bacon, parsley, egg yolk, huevos rancheros, egg
Ashley Manning

We all have a soft spot for breakfast food disguised as lunch or dinner. Enter shakshuka, a spicy, Middle Eastern take on “throw everything in your fridge into a pan and voila."

4. Egg Toast Cups

fried egg, bacon, egg
Emily Hu

For when you really want a full breakfast, but you're on the move. Give these bacon, egg and toast cups a whirl.

5. The Perfectly Fried Egg

coffee, butter, dairy product, egg yolk, bread, toast, egg
Megan Prendergast

This one is for the purists out there that appreciate the fried things in life. Do your eggs justice and learn how to fry them perfectly every time.

6. Bacon, Egg and Cheese Cookies

cake, pumpkin, sweet
Max Bartick

Cookie, biscuit, regardless of the noun you're feeling, this bad boy is the BEC love child of your dreams. Find out how to make this egg sandwich cookie hybrid here.

7. Crispy Fried Poached Eggs

lettuce, chicken, salad, meat, vegetable
Arden Sarner

When you're looking for a little protein for your salad, but still want that crunch. Here's how you make Insta-worthy fried poached eggs.

8. Avocado Egg Salad

lettuce, salad, herb, vegetable
Paige Marie Rodgers

This avocado egg salad will be your new go-to for when you need a filling lunch but want to ex-nay the extra cals.

9. Egg In A Hole Pancake

toast, egg
Steph Cozza

Also bizarrely dubbed "Drunken Eyeballs" this pancake and egg mashup will be exactly what you want on Saturday mornings.

10. Pesto Eggs For Two

spinach, salad, vegetable, tomato
Christin Urso

The best part about this pesto egg recipe is that you'll get a little help from your blender. The second best part is that if you live on your own you don't have to share. Huzzah. 

11. The Lazy Egg & Cheese Bread Bowl

garlic, bread
Elyse Belarge

It's kind of like your favorite deli's broccoli cheddar bread bowl, but better, because it has an egg. Plus, this lazy egg and cheese bread bowl is way cheaper to make at home.

12. Croque Madame

butter, fried egg, toast, egg yolk, dairy product, bread, croque madame, egg
Hui Lin

A Croque Madame is a fancy name for an egg, ham and cheese sandwich, but doesn't need the bougie title to rock your egg sandwich world.

13. Not Your Average BLT

cheese, salad, bacon, sandwich, lettuce, egg, bread, tomato
Tiare Brown

You'll never be able to eat a BLT without arugula, avocado, sriracha mayo or an egg (especially the egg) again.

14. Fried Egg Taco Shell

cheese, avocado, meat, bacon
Maddie Cole

The fried egg taco shell is the best invention since soft taco shells, because ain't nobody got time for hard shells that crack and drop the goods.

15. Savory Oatmeal

vegetable, rice
Becky Hughes

Oatmeal doesn't have to be smothered in syrup. It can actually be quite nutritious and double as a lunch or dinner. Check out this savory egg oatmeal.

This post is sponsored by American Egg Board, one of our favorite partners, because, eggs.