Huzzah huzzah, it’s another week of Make it Into a Cookie with special guest Gabe Kennedy. He won season 3 of ABC’s The Taste — a cooking competition where contestants prepare complete dishes on a SPOON… How fitting.

MIIC_BEC 1

Through a little bit of creativity and some freestyle rap, we made our favorite breakfast — a bacon egg and cheese sandwich — INTO a COOKIE.

MIIC_BEC 2

These cookies were so dope with the ideal combo of sweet and savory. We love them (I mean look at our faces) and hope you do too.

MIIC_BEC 12

Bacon, Egg and Cheese Cookies

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:15 minutes
  • Total Time:30 minutes
  • Servings:6 cookies
  • Advanced

• 2 cup flour
  • 2 tablespoon sugar
  • 3 teaspoon baking power
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 4 tablespoon butter, diced and cold
  • 1 package thick-cut bacon, cooked and chopped into bits
  • 1 cup maple syrup
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese
  • 12 oz plain Greek yogurt
  • 6 quail eggs (or regular eggs if you're not a professional chef)

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

Add the cold, cubed butter into your dry ingredients. Break apart the butter cubes with your fingers and mix them into the flour until combined and crumbly.

#SpoonTip: To make sure your butter is extra cold and hard, pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes.

In a pan over a medium heat, combine your cooked bacon bits and maple syrup. Cook for 5 minutes.

Add cheddar cheese, maple bacon mixture, and Greek yogurt to the flour mixture. Mix until JUST combined.

SpoonTip: Do not overmix or your cookies won’t be fluffy.

Dollop biscuit cookie dough onto a greased baking sheet. Using a greased spoon, create small nests for your eggs to fit in… Perfect PLOP.

#SpoonTip: The size of your dollops will end up being about the size of your cookie. 

Bake in the toaster oven or any oven at 450°F for 10 minutes.

Take your cookies out of the oven and crack quail eggs into the nest. You can always use normal eggs, we just used quail eggs because we’re with a FANCY cook and they're s'cute (aka so cute).

#SpoonTip: If the nests disappearred during cooking, use your spoon to push down a nest again. 

Pop the cookies back in the oven for another 5 minutes. While they’re cooking, do a little freestyle rap to pass the time.

Add some salt and peppa and enjoy those bad boys for breakfast.