I am a huge fan of versatile products, and coconut oil is by far my favorite. The numerous uses of coconut oil are all packed into just one jar; not only can you add it to your beauty routine, but you can also cook and clean with it too! As an added bonus, one little magic jar can save you money that you would've otherwise spent on products that coconut oil can easily replace. 

#1: Leave in Conditioner

beer, coffee
Abigail Shipps

One of my favorite uses of coconut oil is as a leave in conditioner. I have long and (crazy) curly locks, which means my hair can get very dry and frizzy if I don't condition it. After I take a shower and my hair is still a little wet, I put a small amount of coconut oil on the ends of my hair and leave it to air dry. 

#2: Eye Makeup Remover

After a long day, I use coconut oil to take off my eye makeup. If I'm in a rush I'll use wipes, but coconut oil works best for my sensitive skin. It effectively removes all of my eye makeup without drying. I just put a little on my fingers and rub mascara from my lashes before washing off the resulting raccoon eyes in the shower or sink. 

#3: Body Cream

If you have very dry skin, coconut oil works great as a body cream or moisturizer. If I have a particularly dry patch, like on my knees or elbows, I'll use coconut oil at night and wake up with soft skin.

#4: Face Moisturizer

During winter, my skin gets very dry, resulting in dry spots on my face. When this happens, I take a small amount of coconut oil and dab it on the problem area.

#5: Body Scrub

Abigail Shipps

I love using a coconut oil sugar scrub in the summer! I mix together a 1:1 ratio of coconut oil and sugar,—sometimes I'll add in a little lemon juice. It exfoliates your skin and leaves it super soft, thanks to coconut oil's moisturizing properties

#6: Oil pulling

coffee
Abigail Shipps

Hailed for benefits such as detoxification and teeth whitening, oil pulling has become a popular teeth cleaning trend. According to this article, you should take 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil and swish it around in your mouth for about 15 minutes. Spit it out in the trash, rinse your mouth with warm water, then brush your teeth. 

#7: Butter Substitute

Abigail Shipps

In almost everything butter is used for, coconut oil can be substituted. Like butter, coconut oil is a saturated fat. I've used coconut oil to make cookies, and I've even used it to make pancakes. If you choose to cook with it, use a 1:1 butter-to-coconut-oil ratio. 

#8: Granola

Abigail Shipps

Before I left for college, I would make homemade granola every week for my family. The Everyday Granola recipe from this article is my go-to recipe—never fails to disappoint!

#9: Paint Remover

milk, yogurt, cream, dairy product, sweet
Abigail Shipps

My brother and I recently painted an outdoor shower for our beach house (pictured above), and afterwards our arms and legs were covered with paint splatter. Instead of having to scrub our skin raw, we rubbed coconut oil on our limbs before using a washcloth to rinse off.

#10: DIY Goo Gone

If you have any sticky spot that needs cleaning, like sticker residue, this DIY coconut oil Goo Gone can help smooth the spot away. 

#11: Cuticle Oil

If anyone is like me and gets the driest cuticles ever, look no further—coconut oil is perfect for healing cracked and dry cuticles and fingers. 

#Spoon Tip: No need to go to the nail salon for cuticle oil! Time for an at-home manicure with some Netflix.

Most of these uses of coconut oil have been tested by yours truly for years, and I continue to use them as part of my daily routine. Solutions provided by numerous products are all packed into one jar, making everyday tasks convenient (in addition to saving you money). Never used coconut oil before? Buy a jar—your life will be forever changed.