In my opinion, sweet potatoes are God's greatest gift to Earth. They are nutritious, tasty, and easy to cook with. You can make them sweet or savory. Either way, these veggies are easy on the average college kid's budget. Check out some of my favorite ways to eat a sweet potato.

1. French Fries

vegetable, fish, bread
Amanda Giudice

If the first thing this article made you think of wasn't sweet potato fries, I am concerned for you. They are lower in calories, have more flavor, and are a lot tastier than normal fries. These are just a few reasons why they are phenomenal. 

2. Morning Toast

salad, vegetable, oil
Alex Frank

This recipe is so BuzzFeed so why wouldn't you want to try it? Instead of your normal morning avocado toast, throw a slice of sweet potato in the toaster for a few minutes and you'll have a savory and tasty surprise. The trick is to rotate the potato slice a couple of times in order to make it nice and crispy. 

3. Mini Dessert

sweet, pastry, cake, chocolate, cream, candy, dairy product
Hui Lin

A classic Thanksgiving menu item, sweet potato casserole is a dish no one can turn down. Bonus, it is so easy to make. All you have to do is cut your sweet potato in half and add brown sugar and marshmallows.  

#SpoonTip: Sprinkle some cinnamon on top for extra pizzazz.

4. Nacho Base

guacamole, avocado
Maddie Cole

Honestly, who doesn't love nachos? Instead of boring old tortilla chips, crisp up some sweet potatoes for a nutritious base. Add whatever your heart truly desires, but I would recommend black beans, cilantro and guacamole. 

5. Potato Chips

sweet, pumpkin
Sean Kitayama

These are some of the tastiest chips you'll ever try (I actually make these about once a week). They are super easy to make. All you do is thinly slice them up and place them in the oven to make them nice and crispy.

#SpoonTip: You can enjoy these warm or cold. 

6. Pancakes 

sweet potato, carrot, potato, chicken, sweet
Katherine Baker

I may see a Latke, you may see hash browns. Regardless, they're delicious. This is a potato hash combined with tasty seasonings like garlic and onion and then deep fried into a savory pancake. I eat mine with ketchup and sour cream, but others enjoy applesauce. 

7. Cookies

cookie, chocolate, sweet, pastry, candy, cake
Katie Lee

Now you have an excuse to eat all the cookies you want, because they're healthy. Well, kind of. These cookies are made with no nuts or eggs, and could easily be made dairy-free. These are ideal cookies for anyone with food allergies.

#SpoonTip: If you aren't a fan of sweet potatoes, switch it out for another vegetable. Maybe zucchini? 

8. Mashed Potatoes

meat, chicken, sauce, pork, vegetable
Analiese Trimber

This is one of the best recipes, no doubt. Mashed sweet potatoes are so versatile, taste amazing, and make for a quick side dish. Make a light version by switching out the sour cream and butter for greek yogurt and cinnamon.

9. Salad Topping 

vegetable, parsley, corn, rice, pepper, legume, cereal, lentil
Katherine Baker

Strawberry and spinach salads are great, but I've been looking for something new. Well, I've found it! This hearty salad, is made with nutrient-rich faro, as well as chickpeas and sweet potatoes. This makes for an ideal meal for a vegetarian or vegan. 

10. Mini Breakfast Casserole 

egg, huevos rancheros, toast
Maddie Cole

This is a perfect dish for a game day brunch and will please many. It isn't your average breakfast taco or egg dish either. This dish is baked inside a half a sweet potato. Grab your sausage and eggs, and cheer on your football team while enjoying this tasty meal. 

11. Classic Baked Potato 

sweet
Spoon University

The epitome of beautiful, a baked sweet potato is delicious to eat and look at. Throw some butter and sour cream on it, or go all out and make a super food bowl. Baked sweet potatoes are easy to make. You can actually make them in a microwave, which makes them dorm accessible. 

Sweet potatoes are basically one of the easiest, healthiest, and tastiest items you can make. Fried, baked, chopped, mashed—you name it, you can do it.