Spoon University Logo
gc
gc
Recipes

How to Make the Cheesiest Grilled Cheese You’ve Ever Had in 20 Minutes

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Texas chapter.

Cooking is a way to get extremely creative with one of the most amazing things ever: food. Take a grilled cheese for instance — many think it’s just cheddar cheese toasted between two slices of bread. However, a grilled cheese is much more than that. From the type of bread and cheese you use to the additional mix-ins, a simple “cheese sandwich” is easily transformed into a culinary creation. From this exploration of creativity stems the mac and cheese grilled cheese.

Mac and Cheese Grilled Cheese

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 10 minutesCook time: 10 minutesTotal time: 20 minutesServings:1 servings

Instructions

1. Elizabeth Dieterich
    Melt butter on a skillet over low-medium heat.
  2. Elizabeth Dieterich
    Top one of the slices of bread with your choice cheese, mac and cheese, and ham.
  3. Elizabeth Dieterich
    Poach the egg. ru003cbru003eru003cbru003e#SpoonTip: You can also fry the egg to get maximum yolk drippage.
  4. Elizabeth Dieterich
    Toast both slices of bread on the melted butter. This takes patience, because you want the cheese to melt, but you don’t want the toast to burn. Begin on low heat and adjust temperature adequately.
  5. Elizabeth Dieterich
    Remove from heat, top with egg, and close the sandwich.
  6. Elizabeth Dieterich
    Enjoy your decadent grilled cheese.
I was born in Argentina, have an Armenian background, and have been cooking for as long as I can remember. Currently, I attend the University of Texas at Austin where I am pursuing a degree in accounting, yet I do not let school get in the way of my love for food and the kitchen!