Spoon University Logo
IMG 7517
IMG 7517
Recipes

Give Plain Popcorn a Twist With This Cake Batter Popcorn Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Sewanee chapter.

Living in my dorm this year, I’ve found that I have a true friend: popcorn. I’ve had so much popcorn throughout my time at college that I’m surprised I am not bleeding it. It was the best decision of my life to buy the Kirkland Brand 180-pack popcorn box over Christmas break at Costco, but I’m starting to get a little bored of plain ole’ popcorn. That is why I found this cake batter popcorn recipe. I had some cake batter left from my last recipe article, a cake batter dip. This cake batter popcorn recipe is fairly easy and great to make for just about any occasion. 

Cake Batter Popcorn

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 5 minutesCook time: 10 minutesTotal time: 15 minutesServings:6 servings

Instructions

1. Constance Connolly

Pop popcorn in microwave. Pour into a bowl.

2. Constance Connolly

Melt marshmallows and butter to even consistency and remove from stovetop.

3. Constance Connolly

Add vanilla extract, milk, and cake mix into marshmallow and butter combination.

4. Constance Connolly

Pour over popcorn, form popcorn into balls or leave them in the bowl. Cover with sprinkles and enjoy !

So next time you are tired for just plain old popcorn, sweeten it up with this recipe! It will be great for any and all occasions. Stay poppin’!

I spend most my days sleeping, eating, and playing volleyball! I am not the best cook out there, and I am hoping to change that. I absolutely love Memphis, my hometown, and Sewanee of course!