When it comes to the ultimate movie night snack, I’m sure your go-to is microwave popcorn. No movie is complete without a giant bowl of popcorn to crunch on, but believe it or not, commercial bags of microwave popcorn can be among the worst snacks for your health. Many of them have hidden trans fats (aka the ones that raise your cholesterol, lead to heart disease, and cause thunder thighs… slight exaggeration on the last one, but you catch the drift). Even the bags that are labeled “0 trans fats” may still have trace amounts in them per serving, and let’s be honest, who eats one serving of popcorn?

Anyway, there’s a simple fix to this popcorn conundrum − make your own! For those of you who are thinking that this will take too much work, you’ll be amazed to find out that you can make your very own microwave popcorn with just two “ingredients:” a brown paper bag, and some popcorn kernels.

Easy

Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total time: 2 minutes

Servings: 1

2 tablespoons popping kernels
1 brown bag
Optional: salt to taste

Directions:
1. Place  kernels into the brown bag
2. Fold the top of the bag down creating a seal so that no air can escape
3. Microwave for about 2 minutes, or until you hear the popping of the kernels start to die down
4. Remove the bag, open the flap, let cool, (add optional salt), and get crunching!